Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Huge delay when writing text to a document with 30 pages and more

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Have I understood this right - you don't plan to use Xaras web generation?
    Yes you have - I DON'T. I use Xara only for mocking up the interface. Sorry, I should have brought that up earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by dv986 View Post
    Yes you have - I DON'T. I use Xara only for mocking up the interface. Sorry, I should have brought that up earlier.
    Then you can easily avoid any slowdown by splitting into seperate documents.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Then you can easily avoid any slowdown by splitting into seperate documents.
    Yeah, thats what I'll probably do. Thanks and sorry for not explaining myslef better earlier

Hi dv986, many thanks for the file. It is most interesting. We can reproduce your findings here. After duplicating the page 30 times, editing on the first page is at normal speed, but editing on the last page is very slow. That is unexpected. I would expect editing on all pages to be at the same speed. I have logged a bug report and we will work on a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by wuerthne View Post
    Hi dv986, many thanks for the file. It is most interesting. We can reproduce your findings here. After duplicating the page 30 times, editing on the first page is at normal speed, but editing on the last page is very slow. That is unexpected. I would expect editing on all pages to be at the same speed. I have logged a bug report and we will work on a solution.
    That would be awesome! hurry up though, i'm worried I'm gonna be done with this project right before you fix it haha just kidding ofcourse. love your software, keep up the good work!

EDIT: btw, in case you missed it, I also mentioned earlier that this is not strictly page related, but more related to the number of objects you have in the document, even if its a single page document. Also, undo and redo get MUCH slower everywhere on the document. Just mentioning it so that you have more info when tracing the problem.
    Last edited by dv986; 25 February 2011 at 03:04 AM.

I have investigated this problem and found two issues in our code: One that caused a significant slowdown for all documents with many top-level objects and another one that specifically slowed down large documents with many pages. Both together explain the symptoms you observed. I have already fixed the first issue, so WebDesigner 7 (released yesterday) should be less affected by large documents than version 6 products. The second one will be fixed in time for the Designer 7 release.