Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Two questions about Xara Flash

Hello,

I'm creating a banner for a Web site and I wanted to use Flash to animate the text on it. Since I do not own Flash, I saw that I could use Xara Xtreme Pro 5 to do it. I have two questions.

1) For the text that says "Flashbrain" I'd like it if the individual letters flew onto the banner from the left. How is this done with Xara? (I know in Flash, I had to "break apart" the word into its individual letters and each letter was placed on its own frame for manipulation.)

2) For the text that says MDIA 1640, I'd like it to start off invisible (100% transparent) and at 10pt font and end up at fully visible (0% transparent) and 20pt font. I've tried using 2 keyframes and up to 8 keyframes, but the animation ends up really choppy. I've viewed a few videos on how to do it, but can't seem to be able to get it to work. Where am I going wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Two questions about Xara Flash

Hi Raptor,
    I´m not an expert with Xara Flash, but xara flash don´t work with live effects, i delete all LE. and create the flash, you should use at least 10 frames to create the flash animation.
    Hope that helpful for you. see attached please.
    Best Regards BP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Hi Raptor,
    As BP has mentioned, Xara can not tween most effects. You will have to convert the live effect shapes into bitmaps of each letter and arrange them a a single group.
    Name this group >Flashbrain and then copy it onto the second frame. The > (more than) symbol directs the decelleration of the tween.
    Change the duration of the first frame to 1 second.
    Go to the File/ Page options/ Page size and change the 'Outer margin' value to something like 4000 pixels.
    Set zoom factor to 25% or similar so that you can see the page along with the whole of the left side of the margin.
    Go to the first frame and move the 'Flashbrain' text to the furthest left of the margin.
    Ungroup the Flashbrain text and move the letter 'n' to the left side of the border.
    Select the whole word and open the 'alignment window' (Shift+Control+L) set Horizontal to 'Distribute equally spaced'.
    Group this text again and apply the name again (>Flashbrain).
    True love is the ultimate truth

Flash didn't load??

mdia-tg.swf
    True love is the ultimate truth