Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating and using unique Navbars

Attached is a very simple, basic Navigation bar that I have created. Starting from a total novice I did not find this process easy to learn but now my bar does function exactly as do those provided with WB6. I am baffled by what happens when I try to incorporate my unique Navbar into a web design page. If I drag it frrom Windows File Explorer on to the Mouse-0ff layer the bar simply disappears to I know not where! Similarly if do a "Ctrl Alt I" import command. The only way that I can get the bar on to my new page is to open the .xar file in WB6 alongside the web design page upon which I want a copy and then to drag it across on to my page. It then works as well as any of the "official" Navbars. Why am I able to drag in the standard Navbars provided with the software but not be able to do the same with my own .xar Navbar files?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Creating and using unique Navbars

Does not appear to be anything in that file. If I hit Ctrl A (select all) there is nothing to select.

Does the file open OK for you if you just open the XAR file?

If yes, then simply Open the document rather than import it, open your website document, copy the navigation bar and paste it into your website page.

Yes, it opens OK and I can as you suggest but I was hoping to get it (and others) in to the Gallery together with all the other Navbar examples. I'll figure it out eventually! Pity there isn't a manual I can buy on this software but noone seems to have produced one.

The manual of sorts is the Help file and of course this forum.

I am not sure if what you are trying to do is possible.

You can however, create a folder and add your examples to the folder. Then in the Designs Gallery click on Disc Designs... Browse to your folder and Add it. The new folder will be available in the Designs Gallery.

I just tried this and it works, kind of. The layers are not imported, and so all you have is the mouse off layer.

My suggestion, create an XAR or WEB file and save all your elements you wish to reuse in this document. Then when you need an element, open the document and copy and paste. It works.

I like that GW! You can't whack going back to PC fundamentals and your idea of a "template" is just that. It is a technique that works almost universally across so much of the software I have learned to use over the years. My biggest problem is that I just have to keep buying and teaching myself new applications as in my eigth decade on the planet I just have to keep the old grey matter stirred before it finally atrophies from lack of use.

Thanks for your help.