Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Turning Nav Bar back on...

.... I have four (4) sites under development simultaneously, and I have had occasion to tweek the Nav Bar fonts on one of the sites.

In so doing, I was appropriately cautioned that I would have to turn the Nav bar off to make my edits and back "on" if I wanted access to the global update features, etc.

So I turned the Nav Bar off and made the font changes. Now I have spent too much time to mention without being embarrassed, trying to figure out where/how to turn it back on.

The only instructions relating to the Nav Bar in the Help Menu, just say to "turn it on" or "turn it off" but not where or how...

I have WD6...

Thanks in Advance!
    Dave

Default Re: Turning Nav Bar back on...

You're welcome in advance.

I would ungroup for editing. Delete all but the home page button and make your changes.

Recreate your Navigation Bar.

Thanks Gary,

So there is no "Turn On" feature for the Navigation Bar Properties? Seems odd that the Help Index says there is...

"Turning site navigation bars on and off
    When you turn the site navigation option on or off in the Navbar dialog, the change is reflected in all copies of that bar on all pages of your website."

It is already ungrouped and the changes have been made... so what steps do I take to recreate?

I did not delete all but the Home page button initially, so what exactly is the sequence after deleting?

Am I recreating each button one at a time rather than relying on the Navigation Bar menu?

If so, why would anyone ever turn off the Navigation Bar Properties Menu... it would be less painful to live with the stock template Navigation Bar.

Lesson learned!

Thanks!
    Last edited by SuperDave; 04 February 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Turning site navigation bars on and off.
    When you turn the site navigation option on or off in the Navbar dialog, the change is reflected in all copies of that bar on all pages of your website.
    This refers to the check box "Site navigation bar (automatically links to all pages and appears on all pages in site)" in the Navigation Bar Properties dialog.

Boy,

Thanks for the reply.

I did check the check box to turn the Nav Bar off and do my edits. Now I want to turn it back on but I can't find where to do it. The only way I could get to the Navigation Bar Properties Dialog and check the box initially, was by double clicking the Nav Bar, which has no effect now that the Nav Bar is turned off...

So, I assume, once the check box is checked, the Navigation Bar is turned off permanently and you can no longer uncheck the box....

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post

Now I want to turn it back on but I can't find where to do it. The only way I could get to the Navigation Bar Properties Dialog and check the box initially, was by double clicking the Nav Bar, which has no effect now that the Nav Bar is turned off...
    Once you're done editing your buttons you need to reassemble the navbar again. You can do this by selecting all buttons and then clicking in the menu bar "Arrange"/"Create Navigation Bar" (in the middle of the drop-down menu). Double clicking the navbar will open the Navigation Bar Properties dialog again.

Boy,

SHHHWEEET!

Thanks for the tip... Now I know that when the Nav Bar Dialog says to "Ungroup to Edit", that there is no regroup button This worked great... just a little resize and then repeat on all pages and I am back in business!!!

Dave

Glad it worked, Dave. I agree that the process is not really intuitive; you really have to know.