Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to popup a photo on rollover?

I have a client who wants a pictorial of products. She wants the photo to pop out/enlarge when the user rolls over the image similar (I guess) to what you might see on the stockphoto websites.

Is this possible to do in XWD?

Default Re: How to popup a photo on rollover?

Hi mpaige

one way to sort of do it would be to use a new layer with the larger image on. Select the thumbnail and then click the webproperties (link icon) >mouse over > radio button select it to show the pop up layer. if you name the pop up layer (fade-in 3)(fade-out 3)nameofpopuplayer number 1 to 5 can be used can give a speed effect of dissolving in and out but will not grow out and enlarge this may need to be hslide/javascript/jquery. one of the other members could perhaps help.

you can also use a mouse click command and add lock (fade-in 3)(fade-out 3) to the layer name this will pop up and lock but you need a close button icon or text e.g on the large image a 'x' text or graphic and link it to web adress put popup:close.

thanks this sounds like it'll work. I dont need the grow in/out effect.

thanks!

Mike - I used pop up layers for my site www.gwpriester.com. Both on the home page and for the individual images on the other sections.

I used a simple Website Properties > Mouse-Over > Show Pop Up Layer link to the pop up layers.

In some cases I had to place a rectangle larger than any underlying content and filled with my lines bitmap fill to cover images or text under the images.

Gary, I was looking at the home page mouseovers and noticed that there's a slight shift in the upper and lower left text when rolling over the "Illustration" and "3D Sterograms" buttons. I took a closer look and saw that, contrary to the the other popup images (.png), these are .jpegs.

Hi Mpaige

If it does not need to expand out then the layer method will take ages as you will need a new layer for each picture. i would suggest you use the utilities ( or rt click to get it ) webproperties>pop up photo> click settings alter pop up size as need click options look at popup options and tick all the top 3 boxes this will apply for all pics in the website. You can then download the highslide teaks from the top of this forum. unzip. the go to designs gallery >disc designs. locate the highslide tweaks folder when you have loaded it it will appear at the bottom of all the other designs in the gallery. Then open this up and drag the pop up to centre icon to the paste board (area off the page and repeat on all the pages where the effect is needed i usually select arrange > repeat on all pages as default. Also you can drag colour of the back ground tweak to change it and the intensity tweak plus others to the paste board if you wish although I prefer the auto pop up xara setting to darken to like istock does to approx 75% of the browser.

This method will be much faster and will work whether you select the photo directly to pop up or drop it first into a photo frame from the designs galllery then pop up ( webtemplates>photo objects). Be sure that once you have dragged the photo object into the website that first you go to webproperties and remove the link to xara click do nothing apply and close before you drag and drop a picture into it.

have a play

Scruffy