Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exporting to ExpressionWeb

Is there a way to export a Xara created website to ExpressionWeb and be able to edit it in EW? I love designing in Xara, but I have a website I created in EW years ago with forms, etc and don't want to re-create in Xara so need to put my Xara files into the EW files. Am I dreaming?

Default Re: Exporting to ExpressionWeb

Sorry to say, but yes you are dreaming if you wish to edit Xara created html in any other program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It's interesting. When I open a Xara created site in EW, it looked garbled, but when published it is fine. Everything is in the correct place. Just can't edit it. Can I do it the other way around and import something created in EW to Xara and make it work?

Sorry again, Xara Web Designer and Designer Pro are not html editors so you cannot directly import an existing web page.

The best you could do is import the images from an existing site then recreate the page within a Xara application.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I had the same problem. I export my XDP6 web site into a folder of my original web site created via Expression Web. I can look at the structure in Expression web and also do the upload if I need to. There are links in my menu back to stuff that is not yet converted to XDP6. I now have a redirect to the sub folder and publish directly from XDP6 to the sub folder on my web site.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11