Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: iFrame for multiple pages

Nice to hear that it works well for you! Give us a link to your website when your are done so that others can see a live sample of this solution.

Is there a way to make scrolling IFRAMES work when sites are viewed on mobile devices. I have used them several times to display content sourced on Google Docs and they work fine when viewed on the desktop but fail to scroll when viewed on mobile devices ( in my case iPad and iPhone using Safari or Chrome)?
    Thanks
    peter w

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Nice to hear that it works well for you! Give us a link to your website when your are done so that others can see a live sample of this solution.
    Well, scrolling in the iframe works great... but I can't get the additional pages to open in the iframe.

In the Open In box I typed in iframe... then after I re-read your instructions, I copied and pasted in iframename and it still doesn't work.

The links work fine when I put them on the pages that go into the iframe, but that's not very convenient for the reader.

Here is the link. I'd sure appreciate any suggestions:

http://salespowerprogram.com/salespowerbook.htm

BTW, I am using Xara Web Designer 9 Premium 64 bit version. It sure is a nice program.

Thanks.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by peter walder View Post
    Is there a way to make scrolling IFRAMES work when sites are viewed on mobile devices.
    I posted the solution three years ago and did not consider mobile devices at the time. Scrolling iframes seem to be problematic on a number of mobile devices. Perhaps that other, more code-savvy forum members can chime in...

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    Well, scrolling in the iframe works great... but I can't get the additional pages to open in the iframe.

Could you post your .web file?

Could you post your .web file?
    I got it I got I got it - I'm a little slow but give me enough time I'll figure things out.

When you said to type in "iframename" you meant to type in the name of the iframe - I went back opened the Embed a Web Page Widget and got the name of the iframe - I think it is xara_iframe - then I pasted that into the Open In box and now it works perfectly!

What a fabulous way to have multiple pages where only the main body content needs to change.

I don't have any mobile devices to check the scrolling, but I don't really care. I show them enough to get the idea, if they want to see more they can either go to another device... or buy the book.

This opens up a world of possibilities. My big 500 page web site that provides information for our seminar presenters should only need 100 pages or so... plus the little content pages that I can import via a xara_iframe

Thanks again. This is one of the best forums I've ever seen - all of you folks are so helpful.

Here is the link to the site again:

Better and better

Ed

Thanks. I'll keep a look out for further replies
    Peter w

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    I went back opened the Embed a Web Page Widget and got the name of the iframe - I think it is xara_iframe - then I pasted that into the Open In box and now it works perfectly!
    Great that you sorted it out. I believe that when I made that post there was not yet a Web Page Widget and, thus, created and named the iframe myself.

The "See our mobile site" button on the home page addresses the issue of scrollable iframes on mobile devices but I must say that I find navigating your site quite confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by peter walder View Post
    I'll keep a look out for further replies
    In the mean time you could do some research of your own by googling for keywords such as: scrollable iframes on mobile devices.

In the mean time you could do some research of your own by googling for keywords such as: scrollable iframes on mobile devices.
    Thanks.. Will do.
    Peter w