Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question "not a coreldraw file" ...

I downloaded a vector

But it says "not a coreldraw file" ....

Anyone an idea how I can load it in?

I'm not even interested in a general solution I only need to load in this specific file. If anyone has a copy of Coreldraw and could save it in Xar format that would also be great!
    Last edited by handrawn; 28 January 2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: remove link

Default Re: "not a coreldraw file" ...

Hi

that link requires signing in - as such I am inclined to think it spam

if you have a legitimate vector file that you cannot open in xtreme 5 please can you post it up here

thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

yes... that would be spam if it were the not a website ranked #4500 in Alexa.......

In other words: links to sites like "google.com/whatever" or "youtube.com/bla" are uhm ... not really spam just a tip ......................... ??? (above ranking 100.000 they become shadier)

Ok... just google for the playstation network logo as (so the blue ball with the playstation icons on it) and I'm looking for the vector one.

This site was the only one containing a vector logo of it but it was in Coreldraw format.

So rephrase: does anyone have a .xar format logo of the playstation network logo?

--
    http://about.me/weblog
    Last edited by cogmios; 29 January 2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: to clear who i am

not the site - your post

ok welcome [back] to the forum

what format is the file ?

.CDR?

if you post it up someone may be able to help you convert it

if the site allows you to download it as PDF that would probably work better
    Nothing lasts forever...

PlayStation_Network (1).zip

The uploader would not accept a .cdr file but it did want the zip file

This is the file that I downloaded from "the" site. It has extension .cdr and on the site I read that it really should be coreldraw format.

I look with the Hex editor in the file and the first part seems to say it is. In the header I also notice the e-mail and the website of the creator. But that website is probably long gone because the new website on that url look like an ad for an mba program. (and with the hex editor I see he had coreldraw installed in E:\Program Files\Corel\Graphics9\Dra ... )

While doing this I stumbled upon "inkscape" which pretends to also read .cdr files, but that is a big installer, however Im installing this now... maybe that does it

update: "inkscape" does actually read in the .cdr via import but I only get the grey "outlined filled shape" not the content of the shape. I tried to see if there were any layer in it but there is only one. Then again my knowledge of inkscape is all-i-did-with-it in the last 5 minutes so maybe there is an option to view more of it.

it doesn't work in inkscape....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi

converted the CDR to CMX/AI/PDF with coreldraw X5

CMX and PDF work in as much as the vector objects are there, but the colour and the fills and the highlights are not right
    AI does not import at all

best I can do
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nothing lasts forever...