Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How to make a transparent background in a gif animation or other image?

I m new with Xara Designer Pro 6.
    How to make a transparent background in a gif animation or image png in Xara Designer Pro 6?
    Where is the eraser?

Default Re: How to make a transparent background in a gif animation or other image?

Quote Originally Posted by betacaroteno View Post
    How to make a transparent background in a gif animation or image png in Xara Designer Pro 6?
    Where is the eraser?
    And... I open a photo and crated some layers in 3D, but i cant create animation, I go to Utilities, Animation, and all menu are disable...Why? How create animation gif in this case?

Default Re: How to make a transparent background in a gif animation or other image?

Welcome aboard.

Others here can advise you better on Designer Pro 6’s animation tools.

Where is the eraser?
    As far as I know there is no eraser, but when you are drawing using the freehand tool (N), you can push your shift key down and reverse, to erase the line you’ve just drawn, and then continue. You can also ‘erase’ parts of an editable object using the freehand tool by simply placing your cursor on the line, and start drawing. You can either add or subtract from the object this way. There are other ways to edit, by cutting shapes out of objects with other objects, or by using the shape editor tool (F4) on the objects nodes, or lines, and by combining objects, etc., etc.

And... I open a photo and crated some layers in 3D, but i cant create animation, I go to Utilities, Animation, and all menu are disable...Why? How create animation gif in this case?
    I think you need to go to File/New/Animation, or press Shift/Ctrl/N. If you then go to Utilities/Animation you’ll see Animation Properties.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

When creating graphics using a vector program such as Designer Pro 6, you do not deal with pixels, (unless you import a photo) as one would using an application such as Photoshop. So you are not creating any background at all, so there is nothing to erase. If for example, you draw a rectangle and fill it with colour, that's it, nothing else is on the page, so there is no background. If you want to export your rectangle as a transparent bitmap file, then export as a .png file with Alpha Transparency to retain the attributes that were in the original drawing.
    Hope that makes sense as to why there is no eraser tool.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

basically you 'mask' and then either remove the part below the 'mask' or the part outside of the 'mask'

there is a 'mask' tool in designer 6 but it is meant for a particular set of tasks

usually masking is done with either the freehand tool, shape editor tool or pen tool and it basically done like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8XgHkZo1J8

and an alternative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPtAGTkHsIs
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ok, all questions answered.
    I can do.
    Thanks to all.
    I think this program is very good.
    My english no good.

Now in spanish.

Ya pude guardar imágenes con fondo transparente y hacer las animaciones gracias a su ayuda. Entendido lo del borrador.
    El programa me parece muy bueno. Recientemente he probado el Paint Shop Pro X3 y no me ha gustado para nada, es malo a mi criterio. Al menos para animaciones.
    Suelo usar el Photoshop. Pienso que combinado con el Xara se pueden hacer muy buenos trabajos.
    Saludos.

good

welcome to the forum

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Suelo usar el Photoshop. Pienso que combinado con el Xara se pueden hacer muy buenos trabajos.
    [I use Photoshop. I think combined with Xara can do very good jobs.]
    This is true. At present there are still a few things I need Photoshop for, but the gap has been closing steadily over the years.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).