Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default snapping to grid points.

when using grids to draw, is there a way to get xara to snap to only points? lol i know i suck at art haha! but i think im getting just a tad bit better. no really today i drew a head and the other day i drew a car. sorry for the blank page. at least i figured out how to draw on an isometric grid. i was using serif draw plus and i noticed that x4 has a psuedo 3d (which basically uses an isometric grid with snapping to angle. i know how the concept works now but im having some trouble snapping to the points. sure i could draw a flat car or a flat person but id rather keep at it till i understand depth. my current goal is to learn to draw depth through using an isometric grid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	79569  

Default Re: snapping to grid points.

Thank you so much for sharing that screen capture

Make sure you have enabled Snap to Grid (right click on the page and select this from the pop up menu) and zoom in a tight as possible. The higher your zoom factor the better luck you will have snapping to points.

Default Re: snapping to grid points.

Hi. There are some subtleties to using snapping in Xara. I have a written guide discussing all the ins and outs of it (which is due for a major re-write actually) and may be of help in learning, located here in XPS or PDF format.