Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Textboxes visible when printing when empty

Rather annoying thing, and probably no-one uses it, or has issue with it, but, when you create a textbox in Xara Photo and Graphic Designer, it gives you the green outline. Which is fine. You know where you've created the textbox and can fill it up later. However, I often print my documents, with certain textboxes with nothing in them.

I don't understand why they show up when you print your document, as a green box? Is there anyway to disable this?

Default Re: Textboxes visible when printing when empty

This does not sound right. And yet... I just tried it and got the same thing. A green empty rectangle.

Bug or new feature? You decide.

You can fix this by placing full stop (period) in the text box and colour it to match the background. The green rectangle won’t print.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

True, James. But why should you have to do this in the first place?

You could also cut all the text areas to the clipboard and paste in place after the page has printed. But this is definitely not right.

If this behavior is intentional, it can be a handy way to review your planned layout.

In addition to James's suggestion, you can hide the text area via the Page & Layer Gallery before you print. It won't print if it's hidden.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll use them. But, then I can't see where the empty textboxes should be, and I need to delete the dot and recolour the text. I know it's not much, but it does introduce unnecessary steps to something that should just be a click and type.

Would be nice to know If there was registry option I could tweak? Or a planned fix If not, no worries!

Sorry, I only just noticed this thread. This behaviour is deliberate. Empty text areas render with a green outline on screen and therefore have to print like that as well. Otherwise the program would not be WYSIWYG.