Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flash in WD

Default Flash in WD

Two things I think Xara should add to there flash:

• Link to frames.
    • Option to add 'stop' to a frame.

This would add a new dimension to displaying content and you could even make a basic flash website!

Default Re: Flash in WD

Stop and Goto Commands

You can append Stop or Goto commands onto the Frame names (separated by a semi-colon) to control the sequence flow. So for example if your first frame was named "Frame 1;Goto Frame 6", then the animation sequence would jump to Frame 6 at the start of Frame 1. This may produce tween errors, but these can be ignored. It also waits for the specified period of the frame with the Goto command on before jumping, but frames with Goto or Stop commands do not tween.

Similarly a frame name with ;Stop appended to the end of the name would stop when the animation reaches this frame. Why is this useful? Because you can make the animation jump to any other key frame with either a click or by moving the mouse over objects. For example you might have an animation that waits for the user to click on or move the mouse over an object before continuing.

There's also more in the help file under Advanced Flash Commands
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Flash in WD

Cheers neodeist,
    Xara never ceases to amaze me. I never noticed the jump to frame menu before

I don't know why this is'nt explained as an option on this forum to people having trouble displaying content, in some instances it would be much better than using SEO unfriendly Iframes and a much smoother transition than pop up layers.