Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Export CMYK and plugin

In Xara image export to tiff cmyk is very badly realized.

Many years I use an old plugin. The plugin on new versions Xara very badly works, but to replace it there is nothing.
    When export tiff cmyk in xara will be corrected?

Default Re: Export CMYK and plugin

use pdf, tif is long gone

Welcome to Talkgraphics

The best way to export a CYMK document from Xara (the newer versions, Xtreme and Designer Pro 6) is PDF.

I always use Photoshop to convert an RGB TIFF to CMYK.

The best way to export a CYMK document from Xara (the newer versions, Xtreme and Designer Pro 6) is PDF.
    When on objects filters export to PDF gives out an error are imposed and can't create a file.
    Photoshop very badly converts rgb to cmyk. At the press paints in printing house the dirt turns out. The sum of paints of such image very big for reception of pure, colors. Black color always turns out mixed that isn't admissible in the press. I use this soft for convert Rgb2Cmyk, now it is the best variant, but all the same strongly deforms color.
    Last edited by caleblt; 25 January 2011 at 08:03 AM.

Firstly can I say think about the number of CD sleeves, posters, coffee table books, flyers and I could go on at it which are made in PS from a RAW file and have been successfully printed in CMYK so I can't accept the statement that you made about PS. When I started doing a lot of bitmaps that were going to be published in a supplements magazine for a national newspaper in the UK I found that the rip software that was used crunched the out of gamut colours around the edges and that you had to look for the centre ones. Maybe some of this was due to the resolution of the magazine but I still had to learn what I could use and I found that the PS help files invaluable in my understanding of the problem. Below is my version of the help file from PS, I say my version as I have changed and missed a few processes but this works for me, most of the time!

Fix Out Of Gamut Colours
    1. First, make sure the gamut warning colour is visible. If it is not, click Shift + Ctrl + y (Shift + Command + y) to make it visible.
    2. Click Select > Colour Range.
    3. In the Select drop down box, choose Out of Gamut.
    4. Click OK. This will create an active selection around the out of gamut colours.
    5. Create a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer by clicking Layer > New Adjustment Layer. Or, by clicking the Create New Fill or Adjustment layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel. The selection will become a layer mask.
    6. In the Hue/Saturation dialog box, start by clicking in the Lightness text box. Use the up/down arrow keys and slowly change Lightness until the gamut warning colour disappears. Be sure to try both increasing and decreasing Lightness. Make a note how much Lightness had to be changed to bring the colours in gamut. Note both how much it had to be increased and how much it had to be decreased. Change the Lightness value back to zero.
    7. Now repeat using the Saturation text box. Note how much Saturation had to be changed to bring the colours in gamut. Again, try both increasing and decreasing saturation. Set Saturation back to zero.
    8. Repeat for the Hue text box. Set Hue back to zero.
    9. You should now have six numbers: three positive and three negative. Two for lightness, two for saturation and two for hue. Using this information, decide which characteristic you are willing to change and make the change. Usually, it is the one where the least amount of change brought the colours in gamut. You only need to change one of the three characteristics.
    10. Click OK to close the Hue/Saturation dialog box. Leave blending mode Normal.

Because different printer/paper/ink combinations will render an image differently, you may find you need a different Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to correct out of gamut colours for each combination. Do not try and force one adjustment to fix all the out of gamut colours for all combinations of printer/paper/ink.

The Srgb of your monitor will produced so I have been told about 70,000 colour variations and I totally agree with what Gary has told you. If I can repeat again use the Help files in PS and really try to understand what they are trying to do. Hope that this helps and yes I still get a few frights when publishing at my work so talk to your printer as they might be able to supply you with a colour profile in which you can work.
    Last edited by Albacore; 25 January 2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Design is thinking made visual.