Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all,

I haven't played with Xara for awhile. I started this earlier tonight. It took about 4hrs. I'm slow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I always had problems with perspective, so it may look "off" a bit. It was done completely in Xara, (a challenge in itself, but a good one). I used most of the techniques I've learned from the ubiquitous "G" man and his tutes (thanks).

I came away from this one knowing much more about creating brushes, something which I hadn't really touched on.
    I made "straw"", "chain", "fur"(my own for the brow), and ye 'ol "pill"... brushes. It's a bit big @ 84 kb. But this is the gallery, isn't it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Wayne

Title: All In a Days Work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	viking1.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	13663  

Hi all,

I haven't played with Xara for awhile. I started this earlier tonight. It took about 4hrs. I'm slow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I always had problems with perspective, so it may look "off" a bit. It was done completely in Xara, (a challenge in itself, but a good one). I used most of the techniques I've learned from the ubiquitous "G" man and his tutes (thanks).

I came away from this one knowing much more about creating brushes, something which I hadn't really touched on.
    I made "straw"", "chain", "fur"(my own for the brow), and ye 'ol "pill"... brushes. It's a bit big @ 84 kb. But this is the gallery, isn't it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Wayne

Title: All In a Days Work

Wow, is that ever terrific.. Great looking image..

Hi Wayne,
    I love the helmet, great image, thanks.

Greg.

It sure would have taken me much longer. It is a great image! Go play some more.

Judi

Thanks,

4 hrs, give or take. Of course, the table is a wood texture from corelTexture. I like that proggie. Other than that, it was pretty fun to do.

Wayne