Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with fitting text to curve

I searched but didn't find a solution to this question. When I fit a line of text to a curve, it never quite 'fits.' The text is always skewed across the curve, instead of being 'on' the curve. Is there a way to fit the text exactly on the curve/line?

I have attached an example of what I mean.

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Problem with fitting text to curve

Hello

There is something that you are doing wrong...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text_problem.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	79435

If you'll look at the enclosed graphic, you'll see that yours, when replicated, shows that it is a Text Area. It should be a Text Column. (no green box)

When you go to align text to a curve, there are a couple of ways to do it. If you make your curve and then choose the Text Tool and hover over the curve, the cursor changes. If then, you'll click the line, your text will start there (including a little button to move the text) and it should be right on the line. This is the easiest way. (afaik)

Also, you can select the text object and the curve and then, in the Arrange Menu, there is a Fit Text to Curve option.

Hope this helps!

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 19 January 2011 at 04:09 PM.

The problem is that you're using a text area rather than a text string. Text areas really aren't meant for fitting to curves.

Just activate the Text tool, click on the canvas and retype your string. Give the text Centered justification. Then, select both the text and the line, and click Fit Text to Curve.

THANK YOU! Works perfectly now. This has dogged me ever since starting to use Xara last year. Love designing in Xara, but still learning all the tricks!