Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Two issues with embedded video...

Hello and thank you in advance for your help!

(1) First my website viewers cant see the MP4 videos in their mobile phones (iPhone/iTouch) any ideas?

(2) In a news page I have embedded a news video from the local TV station but I can't make it show up when in a pop-up layer! only when in the mouse off... any ideas

Thank you Ernesto

Default Re: Two issues with embedded video...

Sorry no one has responded to this Ernesto. I was sure someone who knows more than I do about this would have. But...

To your first question, I wonder if this is a Flash issue? I know that the iPad does not support Flash and perhaps this extends to the iPhone and iTouch devices.

To the second question, and I am guessing at this, but at the top of the Web Design page are links to John Horn's Tweaksets. Maybe you should try the lock pop up tweak and see if that works for you.

xdp6 Re: Two issues with embedded video...

Thank you Gary,

I appreciate your time!

I came up with an alternative button on the bottom of the pop-up layer that says "click here for iPhone" and I linked there to an MV4 version of the video that plays in iPhones...

Since the MP4 drop-in from Xara does use/convert to flash video and iPhone/iPad do not play flash, this will be the solution for now...

A tip from sledger was to use this: JWPlayer from Longtail: http://www.longtailvideo.com/

That may be my next step... (here is the tutorial: http://xara-users.info/demos/embeddi...ayer/index.htm)

Thanks

Ernesto

Default Re: Two issues with embedded video...

Steve is the expert on those things.