Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I make the background page colour different?

I would like to make my website background a different colour. If I create a box and specify the colour, I end up with scroll bars on the bottom or a potion of white down the sides of the screen. How can I change the colour so that every screen size does not have this?
    Do I use a place holder and some html script?

Thanks.

Default Re: How do I make the background page colour different?

Got it sorted - simple when you know how - hold Ctrl and drag a colour from the palette onto the document window

More problems... I now have a shadow that's visible showing the edge of my page, how can I upload this without it?

Even putting a coloured rectangle over the shadowd, although covering it in editing mode, once uploaded still shows on-line?

Another update I was creating a box on my page and feathering it for my coloured page background - I have now deleted this and just Ctrl dragged the colour on to the page, and not also outside of the page: this caused the problems with a shadow appearing when previewing or viewing online.
    Last edited by hemmick reef; 14 January 2011 at 09:11 AM.

To remove the wall shadow from the page: open the Page & Layer gallery, unlock the page background layer, select the page then select the shadow tool - remove the wall shadow by clicking the 'no shadow' icon on the info bar
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    To remove the wall shadow from the page: open the Page & Layer gallery, unlock the page background layer, select the page then select the shadow tool - remove the wall shadow by clicking the 'no shadow' icon on the info bar
    Thanks, that's got it right!

Related question, I would like to put a graphic on the filler background that appears outside of the page on the web. Currently the page is framed in a matching color and looks a little dull. I don't know what the filler area is called to search for help. The website is at www.gailadesigns.com