Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

We need more examples and debates on graphics and Xara techniques .... NOT on personalities, etc. (you know what I mean don't you?).

My suggestion is NOT TO RESPOND to what a "reasonable person" would consider offensive or out of place. That will force those type of postings to the bottom of the postings.

*** I know its HARD TO RESIST replying but perhaps a better method is to send an email to the moderators registering your disapproval and let them do what they feel necessary. If the author has offered their email address in their profile then approach them directly.***

I realize its important to stand up for what you feel is important but this IS A GRAPHICS SITE, not a political or religious one.

Don't we want to encourage new and contributing members to TalkGraphics?

You know my email address (see my profile)and you know how to get in touch with the moderators if you regard this posting as inappropriate.

Sincerely, John

We need more examples and debates on graphics and Xara techniques .... NOT on personalities, etc. (you know what I mean don't you?).

My suggestion is NOT TO RESPOND to what a "reasonable person" would consider offensive or out of place. That will force those type of postings to the bottom of the postings.

*** I know its HARD TO RESIST replying but perhaps a better method is to send an email to the moderators registering your disapproval and let them do what they feel necessary. If the author has offered their email address in their profile then approach them directly.***

I realize its important to stand up for what you feel is important but this IS A GRAPHICS SITE, not a political or religious one.

Don't we want to encourage new and contributing members to TalkGraphics?

You know my email address (see my profile)and you know how to get in touch with the moderators if you regard this posting as inappropriate.

Sincerely, John

I agree. And for that reason have moved this to the top.

Many times I have hit the post reply button and started to express my feelings but then stopped, realising it will only continue what I want to see stopped.

Turan

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Good point John.

Sometimes it is best to just avoid the trap set in front of us and go on with our lives. I think most of us respect each other enough to know that our silence does not indicate our agreement with offensive posts.

I have observed that the vast majority of forum participants are not amused by mind games and inuindo. I know I am amused and pleased by the gradual discoveries of the positive aspects of one another's personalities inspite of the physical and cultural differences between us. It is a process of making friendships. It happens around a handy piece of software we know as Xara.

I have long believed that Xara is software that practically every computer user could find useful: kids, students, secretaries, artists, accountants, managers, and seniors. A few months back I started a thread called Careers... which through our postings showed what a diverse bunch of xara-users we are. The diversity surprised and delighted me. That diversity IMHO really is something to be enjoyed. Let's not destroy it.

How do we destroy it? Not hard. Make others who don't think exactly like you feel unwelcome. Suggest to others who don't meet your standards that they are unworthy. Spread inuindo. Attack...

Clearly the vast majority of us value what we've have here and don't do such things. Still, sometimes we get lured into doing those counterproductive things. All I ask is that we, as has been suggested, think twice before hitting that "Post Now" button.

Thanks friends! Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If the author has offered their email address in their profile then approach them directly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd agree with everything you say, John, except that I'd prefer problems to be referred to one of the moderators than for ordinary members to start complaining to each other direct by email (which has caused problems of its own in the past). While not advocating wilful increase of the moderators' workload, moderating the forums should perhaps be left to them! OTOH, I'm sure we all like to receive friendly emails (I know I do) from each other about things we've done, and IMHO that's what our email addresses are there for. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

I know Xara is posted all over this place, but would it be worth haveing either a link to a note or (if it can be kept to one) a sentance at the bottom/top of the page highlighting that this is a Xara forum, while we all respect other tools there are other tools forums - as there are political fourms on other sites.

Just thought I'd mention it while we're on the subject of giving the modulators [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] more work.

Turan