Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasteboard Background

I have found that I can change the color of the pasteboard background it will be the color outside of the web page when viewing the site in a width greater than the web page.

Is there any way of putting a graphic as that background instead of just a color?

Thank You

Default Re: Pasteboard Background

Hi Bokie, yes you can:

Import the image you want to use for the background into your Xara web page.
    Open up the Bitmap Gallery and you will see the image.
    Delete the image off the page (it is still available in the Gallery!).
    Drag'n'drop the image from the Bitmap Gallery onto anywhere on the pasteboard making sure you hold CTRL down as you do this. The cursor will have a little rectangle next to it to show you are in doing the right thing.
    The pasteboard will now show the image tiled - this can be changed to tile either just horizontally or vertically using Covoxer's XWD tweaks (availalbe as a sticky in this forum)

As far as I know you will have to repeat the drag'n'drop action for every page you want it on, Xara will not assume the bitmap is to be used for every page. If you find out a way of having Xara do every page for you then please let me know!

"If you find out a way of having Xara do every page for you then please let me know! "
    Unlock the pasteboard background (little red padlock) select and repeat on all pages (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R)

Of course, make it Repeating! Thanks

Thanx, your instructions worked.

Bokie

Default Vertical fill on Pasteboard Background

Quote Originally Posted by Bokie View Post
    I have found that I can change the color of the pasteboard background it will be the color outside of the web page when viewing the site in a width greater than the web page.

Is there any way of putting a graphic as that background instead of just a color?

Thank You
    Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create a vertical fill on the pasteboard background.
    The helpfile says:
    Code:
    Advanced backgrounds
    Web Browsers do not allow a graduated color background over the whole visible window (i.e. as a real HTML background), but they do support repeating, tiled, bitmaps as backgrounds. So you can use this to create a full-window graduated background, by creating a bitmap, which is then tiled (repeated) across the page.
    At first I thought this was exactly what I was looking for, but this seems to be related to the page background instead of the pasteboard background. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Following your post, I indeed managed to create a tiled 'image' background.
    I was wondering if this could be taken further, and whether the XWD 6 Tweaks "Tile background horizontally" only could be used.

If possible I would like to copy the method described in the helpfile but then apply to the pasteboard background.

Can someone confirm if this is possible?

Thanks a lot!

Erwin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNAG-005_ 17-01-2011_ 0.21.44.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	79385  
    Erwin Panen