Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default A third of the forum visitors than last year, it seems.

Is it me, or do we have a fraction of the visitors that used to come here? I"m not a pro so I haven't been around a while, but I distinctly remember a day's worth of threads updated being much more than a page, if not pages-- and now-- you need to read just a few topics to get to yesterday and beyond.

Is it the economy? Is it the the new moderators? Anybody see the same thing? Will it go back up eventually?

Long live Xara
    -T

Default Re: A third of the forum visitors than last year, it seems.

Yes that is true.
    The verbal ugliness that broke out here a while back put a lot of members off.
    Many have "jumped ship", so to speak, and are now frequenting the new Xara users forum over at www.xara-users.info
    You will find many of your old friends there.
    -AF

Yes I agree that there are less visitors to the forum and yes the other board is having an effect. The thing that I think is a shame is that both boards are not getting enough discussion and action so we all suffer with postings only going to one board. The members that have moved still use and contribute to this board but not to the same extent and I am probably one of them.
    Design is thinking made visual.

The XU board doesn't seem a great step forward from this one, I don't see the point of it. Besides, for reasons I can't imagine, they won't let me register...

I think that something that should also be considered is that the success of talkgraphics is important, probably, to the support of the forums and XaraXone by Xara/Magix. I think that shifting debate to the XU board dilutes the Xara community and neglects the value of support that Xara/Magix provides.

A special thank-you to GWP for holding fast and and not looking for pastures new.

A special thank-you to GWP for holding fast and and not looking for pastures new.
    Thanks. Maybe people just have fewer questions.

Hi,
    I find that the majority of this forum is in the web deesign and not the graphics design end of the prgrams.
    JimM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMyWords View Post
    ...for reasons I can't imagine, they won't let me register...
    Registration is automatic. There are no restrictions. I'm not in control of it, a mod, or anything but a member btw. I think people have the wrong impression without giving it a try. There is no competition with TG - XU is complementary, concentrating more on vector stuff than TG does at the moment. That's all
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

There have of course been issues, but we have a new crop of mods who just got on board, the forums have been rearranged and we have a new look coming soon.

I think people want to come to a forum like TG to have fun, not feel down. So I encourage everyone to post threads. Start challenges, share their work, share their photos, chat about fun things... ultimately we can all help revive TG.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    There is no competition with TG - XU is complementary, concentrating more on vector stuff than TG does at the moment.
    It's inevitable that splitting a user community in two - pulling people from TG - is hardly a good move for TG. It certainly sends the wrong message to Magix that TG and XaraXOne are worth investing in if people would rather go elsewhere for Xara info, so ultimately its a very poor way to improve a community.

I've been a critic of Xara on several occassions, come close to being banned here and had little time for the antics of moderators in the past and often have little time for their critics either, but at heart I think that TG is a great resource. The creation of another community could never be something that would strengthen TG and ultimately I feel it's more about egos of some ex-TG mods than anything else.

So if the alternative venue is where people talk about vector graphics mostly then it can hardly be a surprise that there's less vector talk and more web talk here. The formation of the alternative venue was a poor day for the Xara community and really all Xara users should be concerned about the TG community, because without a vibrant TG community I can see Magix deciding that XaraXone and various promotional investment being a wasted expense.

I don't think that "that's all" really covers it. Complimentary? Not really - I can't imagine there's anything worthwhile going on elsewhere that wouldn't be fine on TG and show Magix that the community is worth investing in.
    Last edited by pauland; 11 January 2011 at 09:03 PM.