Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multi pages gallery?

WebDesigner 6

Hi,
    I remember to have seen this in the help but can't find it back...

I have a lot of pictures to add to a picture gallery.
    Is it possible to add all pictures to that gallery page and have it automatically create all the following pages?
    It's different than "duplicate pages", if I'm right, you can work on ONE gallery page, add as many pictures as you want, and it does the behind the screen job to add multi pages navigation.
    I'm I right? Wrong?
    If right, how can I achieve such a thing?
    Thanks for any lead.
    Steve

Default Re: Multi pages gallery?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Steve

I am not sure if this is the answer to your question. But, you can set up as many gallery pages as you want. Just add links to the other pages. e.g. Gallery 1, Gallery 2, Gallery 3. So your visitor can look at Gallery 1, then press the button to go to Gallery 2, etc.

You can hold down the Shift drag and drop images onto the thumbnail images, but if you are replacing an existing image, this will replace any duplicates of that image. So if you duplicate Gallery 1 and it becomes Gallery 2, and you replace one of the images using Shift drag and drop, the duplicated image in Gallery 1 will change.

To get around this, you can hold down the Ctrl key and drop a new image onto an existing image. A dialog will ask if you want to replace just this image or every instance of this image. This can get very repetitious.

The work around is to duplicate a gallery page. Select all of the thumbnail images and then select the Fill Tool (F5). From the drop down list of Fill Types on the Infobar, select Flat. This replaces all the photo images with a solid fill. Now you can Shift drag and drop new images onto the thumbnail images without effecting the images on the other galleries.

Default Re: Multi pages gallery?

No that's not what I was expecting.
    In some themes, you can see that the gallery pages have a <- and -> arrow set at the bottom, leading to make one think that those are to navigate from page to page using Ajax without loading a full new html file page of thumbnails.

I know how to add new pages and then disseminate pictures across them, but I thought it would be easier with a built-in feature and especially using Ajax for smooth page transitions.

But I will go with one page per group of thumbnails.
    Thanks anyway.
    Steve