Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

..but I've used Corel over the years, and of course acquired a lot of clipart. Is it possible to import corel clipart into X's gallery? Or, do you have to import piece-by-piece into your drawing area?

Thanks,
    BuddyB

..but I've used Corel over the years, and of course acquired a lot of clipart. Is it possible to import corel clipart into X's gallery? Or, do you have to import piece-by-piece into your drawing area?

Thanks,
    BuddyB

Much of Corel Draws clipart is in CMX format, 32 bit. You can add CMX files to your gallery directly and update as you would xara files to produce the thimbnails. Don't know about CDR but I guess you could try...
    Tony
    Tony

I don't believe Xara can import cdr files having a version later than 5. I usually convert cdr files from later versions of Draw into several different formats and use whatever works best for the image to get it into Xara.

Allison

I have CorleDraw 9 (haven't bothered upgrading to 10 since I purchased XaraX) and what I do is open my corel files in Corel Draw then save to clipboard. Exit corel and open XaraX and paste as Corel cmx file and 99% of the time most of it comes in correct.
    Hope this helps
    Jim M
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

I import into corel (using 9) and then drag and drop into xara. I haven't had any problems with this. It's a shame you can't just import from the clipart cd...I wonder why copying or drag/drop works but importing does not?

Mickie

Buddy I commend you on your honesty and your good sense to come over to the Xara side :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I import into corel (using 9) and then drag and drop into xara. I haven't had any problems with this. It's a shame you can't just import from the clipart cd...I wonder why copying or drag/drop works but importing does not? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mickie

I think the reason for this is Windows converts clipboard images, and I suspect drag and drop between application images, to WMF file format. And while I'm not a big fan of WMF (Windows Meta File) if it works, who am I to complain :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

..thank everyone for the input, and will apply these suggestions into my work pattern. I guess I was just looking for a shortcut [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

I have found no shortcuts in doing things right.
    I appreciate you guys.

BuddyB