Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default horse smooth cutout:

hi folks,

i have hi-res images of horses and i have to cutout from background one of pic i attached so please guyz let me guide how to make smooth cutout of horse hair already pointed out with selected red circle, i ll be very happy with your guide, thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	horse.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	79206  
    IP

Default Re: horse smooth cutout:

Hi MJ,

Someone here will probably have some good advice. In the meantime, there are a few Photoshop plugins for masking things like hair, and a number of masking programs.

Mask Pro 4 was being discussed here not long ago.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/mask-pro/

There are tutorials on YouTube about masking in Photoshop too. You might look up 'masking hair in photoshop'.

Sten mentioned a good masking service overseas that you can use cheaply online. That post is here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...king-of-images
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).
    IP

Thank you very much for your response, one more thing in Photoshop CS3 we have extract filter so can we use it for removing hair?
    IP

I have used Corel Knockout 2 in Photoshop but I can't say I'm a satisfied owner. Maybe I wasn't using it right, that's usually the case! But on top of that it was a plugin filter I never got to work in Xara. I therefore still do all my masks by hand. Yeah, it's laborious, but the results are pretty much better than any filter I've used (depending upon the hour, of course!).
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Yes use the Extract Filter if you want but do a search on the subject as there are loads of stuff on this tool. Also have a look at this resource and see what you think as there are many ways to do this: http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Phot...-in-photoshop/
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

An approach in Xara. I sliced away the more easy areas. When the colors are close, it is more difficult to use a masking application. Then I used a plugin running from Xara. I used a mode that can select keep and drop colors. Thin areas like hair get mixed with the background and are not eaisly separated.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H1.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	79239  
    IP