Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change WD6 colors

I am sorry to have to post to ask as I know this was covered when WD6 first came out but could not find a way to get info in "search" - guess I don't know just what to put in search box.

I find the dark colors of the WD6 page to be all but unusable - especially on the fly-out menus. A gray text on a dark background is all but unreadable.

How does one change to what we had in the old Xara Xtreme program?

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Change WD6 colors

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S

Xufa, I did as you posted and it went through several cycles of going from dark to light to dark. Finally came up steady light BUT all the WD6 tool bars, fly-out menus, etc are gone - it is just the old XX5 page.

When I re-read my post, I guess one could get the impression that this was what I wanted when, in fact, what I wanted to do was change the dark interface of WD6 to a more readable one like the old XX5. I find the gray text on the dark background and the very small text of WD6 to be all but unreadable - especially on the second layer of fly-our or drop down menus.

So, how do I, first, get back ALL the WD6 interface, toolbars, etc I lost when following your directions and, second, get the interface to be more readable?

Tks - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Yes. Changing the dark UI to the light UI will reset all customisations you can't get them back.

You press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S once together try not to hold them.

OK - pressed Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S again and got back to "normal" WD6 colors/interface.

I have had Designer 6 Pro - not Web Designer as I stated above - since it came out but since my Xara Extreme 5 would do everything I needed at the time I have not used D-6.

I did, however, visit the forum when D6 first came out an a lot of people were complaining about the dark color and the difficult reading at the time. There were some posts about how to change the color of the whole W6 interface but I can not fine any of the post that told how to do that now. As I remember, there were something like 3 steps to do so.

Anyone have a like to how to do so? - Tks - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S is the ONLY way.

This will change from Dark UI to Light UI no other steps needed. If you have parts still dark, close program and start it again to refresh.

OK - but when I do that, I end up with the old XX-5 interface - none of the D-6 Pro tool bars and all the other goodies are there. Is there no way to JUST change the color and keep everything else as it was? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Is there no way to JUST change the color and keep everything else as it was?
    No. You have to put them back Jeb. Use the control bars button pallete.

Tks, Zufa - I appreciate your help. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com