Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why close the thread after Charles Moir's post?

Why was Charles Moir's post unsuitable for TG? http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...S-or-WORK-Apps! Why close the thread? I actually enjoyed his post and for once, someone actually made sense for the use of an iPad.

I know we have a few lost... "New"... (and some horribly confused... ) mods here at TG - BUT MODS = Charles Moir is the main person that makes it possible for some of us to feed our families! I for one would like to see Charles post and interact here at TG. (It also keeps HIS main software alive and current).

I don't get it!

Sincerly,

Risto

Default Re: Why close the thread after Charles Moir's post?

Hi nice to see you again

for what it's worth I agree
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm rather mystified too. I started it simply to find out if many TG members used tablets, see what they liked and suggest what I had liked using and generally convey the idea that tablets could be good things (I know that they are expensive and don't do things that other computers do).

The thread was started in the off-topic section "Computer problems, or landing on Mars. Here you can go off-topic", so I really don't understand why the thread was stopped. There was nothing offensive or detrimental to anybody there.

Please spill the beans (or just say it was an accidentally closed).

Paul

There's only a few people who could have closed it. I would have to assume it was an accident, I will re-open it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    Why was Charles Moir's post unsuitable for TG? http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...S-or-WORK-Apps! Why close the thread? I actually enjoyed his post and for once, someone actually made sense for the use of an iPad.
    Welcome to the board RTK. Well, it wasn't me - I have no power in this forum, and haven't closed any threads to date anyway.

I know we have a few ... horribly confused... mods here at TG
    Nice opening post. Which mod is horribly confused?
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

According to the logs, Charles closed the thread. This would have been a mistake, perhaps Charles clicked the button by accident.

Please don't have a go at the mods when you don't have the facts at hand... they are doing a great job, and many have just got on board and are learning.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I also abhor the pink banner at the top of this thread. A smaller version might be OK but it is the visual aspect in a site that's all about graphics and design, poor!
    Design is thinking made visual.

?

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I also abhor the pink banner at the top of this thread. A smaller version might be OK but it is the visual aspect in a site that's all about graphics and design, poor!
    Please do not go off topic in threads. Your message has zero relevance to this topic. (Plus close the message if you don't like it.)
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

wow, are we touchy in this forum or what? I agree with Albacore and was put off by a big pink banner that gives me instructions about posting even before I post anything. After reading it I became aware that it was just instructions about posting, but such a big banner when I log in? I will probably be corrected, but I will take the chance since this too is off topic from the original topic. I believe he was just giving some constructive input to allow the message to be a bit less in your face from the start. (I'm not trying to put words in your mouth though albacore, just stating a point of view).