Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default White border not showing

I've encapsulated a square photo with a a white rounded border. When I export I lose the white border. If I turn it grey it shows. In the export box I don't see anything that might be a dead give-away as to what I'm not doing. Ideas?
    Thanks, Giddyup

Default Re: White border not showing

Have you grouped the photo and its frame before exporting? What did you ‘encapsulate’ the photo into, and how did you do that? What format are you exporting it as? What background is behind it? What size it roughly?
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

I make a 10 pixel white frame, brought the pic in, grouped the two together after I moved the pic behind the frame. I then exported as PNG; also tried as GIF. I did not attempt JPEG because I've not been able to get rounded corners for my pics. Background is transparent. I first tried in Photoshop, with the same result. Then I tried in Xtreme5. If I do a light shade of grey the white frame will show. This is very puzzling to me

Thanks for that info Gilbert. I tried doing what you said and had similar problems. At that scale if I exported a transparent png and then imported it back it was very smudgy. I could not achieve a nice clear result unless I exported it at 4000 DPI.

Select your 10pix wide image, press ctrl/shift/E (export), pick png, file, directory, etc., enter, select error diffusion, true color + alpha, in bitmap size click number and change to 4000, options transparent, and export. Import back and it should be very clear, white, transparent, etc.

I usually make images on a much bigger scale and then export with lower res.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by James Allen; 13 December 2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: adding xar file
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

I believe I've found the problem. When you select white it gives you RGB255. I simply changed to 254 and voila it takes, so I'm good to go for what I want to do. It does that in Photoshop as well. Thanks for the input. It actually put me on a useable track. Doggone, that's a beautiful tiny ping. I'm impressed.
    Giddyup