Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wacom Bamboo - pen won't work on tablet - any suggestions?

I just bought the wacom bamboo pen and touch tablet yesterday. hooked it up, installed program, drivers, etc but now the pen doesn't work. touch works, not pen. talked with tech support twice - 2 diff people - and we tried several things but the pen still doesn't work. it lights up the tablet, but won't move the cursor. tech people say it's something in my pc - not the tablet itself. Any suggestions? I use Windows XP. Thanks.

Suz

Default Re: Wacom Bamboo - pen won't work on tablet - any suggestions?

I had a similar problem a few years ago. I don't remember exactly, but I had to go into control panel and wacom properties. I actually had to reverse the options. I had a choice of mouse or wacom and I had to check mouse in order to use the wacom. Maybe take a look in the properties and see if you have something similar, or an option there.

Jim

Are you using the Windows XP driver? There is a possibility that you may need to roll back the driver if it installed the Vista or Windows 7 drivers. I had a problem with my Intuos 3 with Windows 7 that we could never get resolved and I finally had to get the Intuos 4 (awesome tablet by the way.) I also have a Bamboo Pen and Touch that I use with my laptop and it works fine with Windows 7. My guess is that you are experiencing a driver issue with XP.

i had the same issue also before and pixelpusher's right . it was a driver issue when i upgraded my os to vista from xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I just bought the wacom bamboo pen and touch tablet yesterday. hooked it up, installed program, drivers, etc but now the pen doesn't work. touch works, not pen. talked with tech support twice - 2 diff people - and we tried several things but the pen still doesn't work. it lights up the tablet, but won't move the cursor. tech people say it's something in my pc - not the tablet itself. Any suggestions? I use Windows XP. Thanks.

Suz
    I know this thread is old but the informations are precious for me... Thank you... You can use latest drivers for your Wacom Bamboo Pen..