Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xara boogies down homies! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This was created with Xara 2.
    A DJ friend of mine challenged me... tsktsk, he should've known better. hehee

Jpg compression sucked a lot of detail/sharpness out of it. The original is 1024x768 - it's for his desktop, nothing more.

Trust me though, at 1024 it's sharp as a razor - as i'm sure all you fellow Xarians will agree, Xara just wouldn't have it any other way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS: not bitmaps were harmed in the making of this image, save for the poor ol' wood texture.

PPS: apologies if the file size is a tad large for some of you 56kers. I have a DSL connection, so i've forgotten what that's like. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mark...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel-of-steel.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	826  

Xara boogies down homies! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This was created with Xara 2.
    A DJ friend of mine challenged me... tsktsk, he should've known better. hehee

Jpg compression sucked a lot of detail/sharpness out of it. The original is 1024x768 - it's for his desktop, nothing more.

Trust me though, at 1024 it's sharp as a razor - as i'm sure all you fellow Xarians will agree, Xara just wouldn't have it any other way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS: not bitmaps were harmed in the making of this image, save for the poor ol' wood texture.

PPS: apologies if the file size is a tad large for some of you 56kers. I have a DSL connection, so i've forgotten what that's like. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mark...

I meant to post this to the Gallery...Aaagh!

I have a cold right now and some brain cells are sleeping continually at this time.

That's my story... and i'm sticking to it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

That's a nice metal effect there. I must try something a bit more realistic with metal or glass :-) ... good show!

David King
    www.dkingdesign.com

and lots of them! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks D.

Ya, just try using a fractal plasma fill and stretch it real big. Then overlay a few clones of the base image, and flip them around to different positions. That's usually a good start to metal. The rest is just subtle details.

Ooh. That's the model RaW have got in studio 2. Erm, if you were interested.</p>

What's the slipmat texture, more distorted fractal plasma?</p>

Hiya!

The slipmat is made of 2 copies.
    The base image uses fractal clouds at 116dpi with a 'graininess' of 20.
    The size of the fill itself is {B}very[/B] small, and the position arrows were set to "10 o'clock" & "4 o'clock".
    Black and dark grey were used.

The 2nd copy is a clone, used for a transparency overlay. Circular and Bleach are the settings, and the center of the transparency was moved to top-left; half way between 10 o'clock and dead center of the wheel.

That help? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My DJ friend said it was alright to take a few liberties in the actual component design. This image isn't an exact replica of any one model - it's a combination of 2 models from the photos i used for reference. It's a combo of the wheel he has, and the one he would like to have. hehee

Mark...

see? Cartier-Bresson showed the world the beauty in black and white.. as does your picture. Beautiful tones.

..speaking of beautiful tones.. Technics deck.

(sigh) A museum piece (notwithstanding <font color="#0000FF">RAW</font> studio above) which reminds me of student memories (dimmed) of standing unsteadily over said machine with clapton record and double-vision trying to drop said record over tiny thing into record's tiny hole (anyone remember ..?)

cd's ain't the same. They can spend the night in a pile on the floor, awash in beer and still work (so I'm told..)

irrelevantly,

Q.

In fact, It was yesterday ;-) My real job is designing high-end hi-fi amplifiers and a feature of many of my designs is the phono (record) input. Without going into boring detail, it's entirely possible that vinyl discs sound better than compact discs when compared on high quality equipment. Sadly, the convenience of CDs means that most people accept their relentless and hard-edged sound as the norm.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

exactly.

Faust So Far

and Lou Reed any of them

sound far better to me on vinyl (but that might be because I only have them on vinyl)

so I supose Sean, that you have a Leak valve amp tucked away (for old times sake)??

here's my first xaraX animation..

Q.

http://www.Qdesign.co.nz

[This message was edited by Quentin Roper on February 14, 2001 at 02:12 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q_record_scratch.gif 
Views:	282 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	17844