Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anti-aliasing problem I think....

HI All,

I haven't been on here for a while. I wondered whether anyone could offer some advice on what I am sure is a simplistic problem? I have tried to make graphics for a friend's website, but when I have added text to the image (an istockphoto image) and uploaded it, the added text looks horribly, out of focus. I will attach the file so anyone can have a look and hopefully advise.
    The image is exported as a jpg, 860 x 387px, 96dpi, jpg quality 70%. ALso when the image is made it is 860 x 387 but in the Export window it is 861 x 388. I was trying to keep file size low, increasing to 100% quality does inprove things but also correspondingly file size.

Many thanks in advance... oh and I can't add attachments in MOzilla FF to this thread...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AndyD; 01 December 2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling correction, uploading file in IE

Default Re: Anti-aliasing problem I think....

Hello

When I looked at your text, it looks very very crisp. What makes it look fuzzy is you have added a "glow shadow" to the text...

Select the text and click the Shadow tool and choose No Shadow (leftmost icon) and see if that doesn't make the text sharp.

I believe this is the problem.

James

I really should have posted a link to the page I put the image on. The problem, I think, was saving the image 1t 70% quality, as when saved at 100% quality, it looked OK. But it did increase the image size quite significantly. I posted it at http://www.orange-house.co.uk/test/ab2/ab2/, not sure if I am allowed to post link, but please remove if inappropriate admins.

Ta

I think you may have hit on a limitation of the jpeg format - it is not good with red spectrum colour with sharp edges when compressed

so i can only suggest you do not compress, use png or gif, or choose another color...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...