I also downloaded demo of sherif two days ago after reading this thread. Thought to give it a try. As I really need a software which has an inbuild form builder, customer sign up. It does have these things. But, when I started xara, i was completey new to web design, and I started enjoying working with it in just few minutes. Now, I am also earning money by creating simple 3 -4 page simple websites for people on fiverr for just $5.00. On the other hand, with sherrif I couldnt even create a single page in two days. Its bores you with its complexity.
- They lack inbuilt templates. ( I generally dont use templates. But, while creating your own design, you get many ideas from templates)
- No placeholder system.
- too complicated.
- on screen features are closed in menus ( like in xara, you can change a page size by just stretching the edge, there they have this hidden in menus)
- dont have keyboard shortcuts. like Ctrl B ctrl F in xara for moving things to back or front. It saves time.
- So, I am back on xara. But, hopefully in new versions, xara give us form creating, and customer sign up features in the builder.