Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question XDP6 and Flash CatalystCS5 - HTML Placeholder?

Any Flash CatalystCS5 users that can help with terms for XDP6 and Flash CatalystCS5 work flow?

I finished a site using XDP6.
    As a test I am building the same site in FC, but
    it seems FC does not have the equivalent of Xara's "Placeholders" and that's the terminology I'm looking for. If it does, I don't know what it's called.

Can iframes, or placeholders be created in FC?
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Default Re: XDP6 and Flash CatalystCS5 - HTML Placeholder?

What is Flash Catalyst? Adobe® Flash® Catalyst™ CS5 software is an approachable new interaction design tool. Transform Adobe Photoshop®, Illustrator®, and Fireworks® artwork into expressive, fully interactive projects without writing code, and leverage the reach and consistency of the Adobe Flash Platform.
    Flash catalyst, unlike XDP6 web generation, is all about generating Flash not HTML, so while it is possible to use a subset of HTML with Flash you should really not be trying to use a Flash generation tool as though it were generating HTML like the Xara software.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    it is possible to use a subset of HTML with Flash
    ...well if anyone should know, it looks like it would be you.
    Thanks for the in-site, and I'm not looking to make a program do something it's not intended for however,

It seems that if a (XDP6) HTML site can have Flash Placeholders, then a (FC) Flash site can have HTML Placeholders, iframes, or whatever is used for that purpose,
    and that is what I would like to learn how to do.

I have access to: XDP6 / FC cs5 / Flash Pro cs5 /
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Quote Originally Posted by sadicus View Post
    It seems that if a (XDP6) HTML site can have Flash Placeholders, then a (FC) Flash site can have HTML Placeholders, iframes, or whatever is used for that purpose,
    and that is what I would like to learn how to do.
    I'm afraid that your reasoning isn't entirely sound. You can render text as HTML, but it's not the equivalent to having a placeholder in XDP6 - the flash player only handles a restricted subset of HTML.

The placeholders used in XDP6 are intended to get around the renderering engine used by Xara to generate pages and get access to RAW html. The flash HTML handling is a poor cousin by comparison.

I have been involved with Flash for a long time and such a requirement as a HTML placeholder has never entered my head as a necessity and I think it's not the best way forward to use these tools.

In general, if you want to write HTML do it on the web page rather than try and bury it in Flash.