Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default The PDF filter encountered a general problem. PDF export is aborted (0004).

What can I do about this error?

EDIT: Uhm forget it, it seems PDF export only works with admin privileges. Oh dude...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by instinctive.de; 22 November 2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Default Re: The PDF filter encountered a general problem. PDF export is aborted (0004).

if you are on win7 - yes I think that is the case, right click icon and set run as administrator is the way to go so registry settings can be updated...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: The PDF filter encountered a general problem. PDF export is aborted (0004).

Hi handrawn, I'm on Win XP... it still is the case.

Is it me, or has this software become a huge heap of dangling bugs ready to go off at you 90% of the time you try to do something?

(Yes, I know I might get banned for that, but it's just a fact)
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

ok thanks - I have never actually run XP on a working machine other than as administrator, too many downsides for the way I work...

not sure this one can be put down to xara - more likely the adobe side of the pdf filters - but I'm guessing here...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I regularly but only occasionally get export to pdf error messages. Usually there is something on the xara file stopping the export. Often for instance its an object with graded transparency settings or complex fills/transparecies. I work around it by creating a bitmap copy of those objects and replacing it for the original. This usually solves the export problems, I've never not been able to fix any export to pdf problems, I've always played around with objects/images of the file and fixed it so that export works. Good luck!
    Last edited by sjukmidlands; 22 November 2010 at 12:00 PM.

The only thing I need admin rights for is to change my IP address to a public one when wanting to play ZDAEMON, so, I don't really see the downsides.... and I install a program once a year, so... it's ok for me

So the PDF filter in Xara is actually from Adobe? Didn't think it was...
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Alexander,

The PDF filter produced by Xara... I have such error for some files pretty often.
    I got Xtreme 5 and 6 DL version and when got the same error, uninstalled it...
    Had contact Xara about this problem and talked to the developer... but no changes.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC