Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default the pdf i import crashes every time i try to import it.

can xara not import pdfs the pdf has over a 100 pages.
    Last edited by Stealth; 12 November 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Default Re: the pdf i import crashes every time i try to import it.

That sounds like a very large file and probably is very large as well.

Try rebooting then shutting down any applications that may be open. Start with as much memory as possible.

Then File > Import > PDF (select For Viewing or For Editing) then opt to Insert additional pages.

If you have any way of breaking the document down into smaller parts, like 25 pages, this might help.

Have you a copy of Word? if you have that then use that to open the PDF file. Then either make 2 copies of the Doc after deleting say 50 pages for one doc save as PDF then make another copy of the doc with the deleted pages. The other more laborious way to do it is to copy and paste from Word to Xara. There is another really easy way to do this is to but a copy of the Standard Adobe Acrobat but that's money. If you really are having trouble doing this please PM me and I will divide up your doc. for you.
    Design is thinking made visual.

What exactly are you trying to do with this pdf?

The Xara apps really aren't designed for editing most pdfs, no matter what size the file is. If you're simply trying to extract images or perhaps some text for use in another Xara document, then it might be worth the trouble of breaking it up into smaller chunks, getting it into Xara and taking what you need. Otherwise, you're much better off using a dedicated pdf editor, especially for a file that has more than a few pages (not to mention 100).

As Albacore says, even the Standard version of Acrobat is pricey. I don't know of a free editor, but there are a number of other very competent options that are way less expensive.

You can copy and paste text from Adobe free Acro reader no problems but it takes time but at least you have control over the text. Graphics are another problem that's why I said try Word but please don't forget my offer.

I knew I had seen a programme to help you but it took a bit of searching. http://www.onlyfreewares.com/Utiliti...F-Tool-Box.php

Its worth submitting a support request from support.xara.com and including a link to where the PDF can be downloaded from