Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo on background layer

Can I use a photo in the background layer instead of a color? I loaded one in but when I previewed the web page the photo does not appear.

Thanx for your time.

Default Re: Photo on background layer

Yes you can It tried and it worked.

First unlock the background layer. Then select it and right click .. Select Web properties ... there click on PlaceHolder.. and check radio button replace with a graphic, and upload the pic. and upload it. Then apply. Check these attachments - first one is teh preview and second one is the upload of pic on XWD 6

BtW - SE bots wont be able to read any text on your website if you put pic in background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preview of the page.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	77756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD - background pic replaced.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	77757  

Last edited by gutterleech; 12 November 2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Finest SEO link building and backlink service provider for your website. Social SEO Team has helped hundreds of businesses gain new clients by ranking their website on top of Search engine organic listings.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterleech View Post
    bots wont be able to read any text on your website if you put pic in background.
    Are you sure about that? Not heard it said before You can simply ctrl+drag&drop to the page for a background.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Gutterleech

The technique you are referring to is a workaround for forcing an image to export to HTML with the image name intact instead of the number that Xara arbitrarily assigns on export.

To change the background image just do as John suggests. Hold down the Ctrl key, and drag and drop the object from the desktop, Windows Explorer, or the Bitmap Gallery and drop it onto the pasteboard area.

I did a site using a scenic photo as a background: http://www.pigeonrivercountry.com/
    It's set up as a non-scrolling background, just the content scrolls. Thought I would try something different. I'm sure it slows down load times but I thought it was cool!

Jim