Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

We designed this logo for my wife's small business. We actually designed it in Photoshop and had a Russian artist off of elance convert it to a vector format. The artist uses Xara and that's how I found this site.

My wife's business sells Jury Selection Software for small municipal courts (If you know any court clerks in Texas, let me know! ;-)). JSAM is really an acronym for Jury Selection and Maintenance Software. The first version of the logo actually had the words "Jury Selection and Maintenance Software" as part of it. This version contains her slogan. I'm not sure which way is best.

The image is suppose to look like a jury box (although most juries have either 6 or 12 members).

The good thing about this logo is that it is only one color. If your printing logos on YooYoo's, you only have to pay for one pass through the process.

Please give us your best critique.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jsam07.gif 
Views:	407 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	10448  

We designed this logo for my wife's small business. We actually designed it in Photoshop and had a Russian artist off of elance convert it to a vector format. The artist uses Xara and that's how I found this site.

My wife's business sells Jury Selection Software for small municipal courts (If you know any court clerks in Texas, let me know! ;-)). JSAM is really an acronym for Jury Selection and Maintenance Software. The first version of the logo actually had the words "Jury Selection and Maintenance Software" as part of it. This version contains her slogan. I'm not sure which way is best.

The image is suppose to look like a jury box (although most juries have either 6 or 12 members).

The good thing about this logo is that it is only one color. If your printing logos on YooYoo's, you only have to pay for one pass through the process.

Please give us your best critique.

One of my favorites, Benguiat Bk BT, from the Corel CD.

...here's my two cents' worth (and that's probably all you'll get for it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Name:	Graphic1.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	3324  

A first quick thought.

Name:	jury.gif 
Views:	342 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	11509  

Hello rgremill

I think you are off to a good start. But I think you can take it further than this. Not to make it more complicated, but maybe somehow communicate what the company does.

Is there a way to make the background rectangle look like a jury box?

Do you need the text on the logo? I'm not saying that you do or do not, I would just look at it both ways.

Is there some way to indicate that some of the jurors are acceptable and some are not?

Things like this can make the logo work harder and communicate better.

The great thing about Xara, or any vector software for that matter, is once you have a logo design like this, you can play what it to your hearts content until you have exhausted all the possibilities.

This help?

Gary

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

he be ever botulism

How about all letters capitalised on the slogan.

This is just brainstorming don't take it too seriously. As the jury people are people of justice => right => straight. Everything should stand straight - characters also... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Spurred on by Fossman and smorg's ideas, how 'bout the puzzle motif?

Wayne

Name:	puzzle_motif.gif 
Views:	290 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	12691  

...if the software gets a little buggy and for some reason starts to churn out "hung" juries, you can try this one.

Wayne

Be it slightly morbid... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Name:	iffy.gif 
Views:	273 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	16988