Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how do you draw without your lines looking all uneven and overlapping?

i never seem to be able to draw a box without it looking jaggy and lines overlapping. on zoom it looks even worse.

Default Re: how do you draw without your lines looking all uneven and overlapping?

for a box you could try using the rectangle quick shape tool [with/without fill] and then convert to editable shape

if you hold ctrl as you drag out the rectangle will be constrained as a square

to minimise the jagg make sure you are on very high qualiy view

there will still always be some jagg eg: on thin diagonal lines and at high zoom - this is a consequence of the way monitors work [the actual shape of individual display pixels is visible]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: how do you draw without your lines looking all uneven and overlapping?

ah i c ok.

There are many ways to do this job it will depend on what plane your looking at it. There are loads of info and workbooks at the Xone to have a try at. This is one that I did very quickly have a look at the Xara file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	77457  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.

Also there is nothing wrong in having hairy lines on the outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Also there is nothing wrong in having hairy lines on the outside.
    im anti-hairy line.

i guess i got to crawl before i walk. i guess theres no way around that. ill just go through all the work books that teach important skills.

That's a very good idea. You'll be amazed at what you learn that you weren't expecting.

http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest05/html/3.htm

If you don't like drawing shapes you can skew, scale, and rotate squares and circles.

You can plow through the entire tutorial are just use the chart shown at the above link as a reference.
    Just remember the scaling value 86.6%, skew and rotation angle of 30 degrees. You be able to create your own isometric shapes.