Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help me with PANTONE!!

Hi there!
    I am creating a logo and I must use two PANTONE colors that I am not able to find in my COLOR GALLEY.

The color are: BLU 5405C and YELLOW 7413C.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Default Re: Help me with PANTONE!!

Look in the Pantone Solid Coated Folder. The C designates coated vs. non-coated.

The colors are just listed by number so you need so scroll way down to find them but they are in numerical order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pantone.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	77340  

Hi Gary, thank you for your help, but I am not very persuaded.

It is not for your information, but because I see in my monitor a different color in relation to logo that I must create.

The logo that I must create (or restyle) in my monitor have a color YELLOW and a color BLUE:http://www.tarros.it/images/logo2.jpg.

But if I look at PANTONE colors, them are different: the YELLOW 7413C is an DARK ORANGE or ORANGE in my monitor (do you see orange or yellow?) while BLU 5405C is a BLU DARK while in the original logo I see a like BLU NAVY.

Now I know that you must have a calibrate monitor to see exactly color...

What do you colors see ???

Tell me pelase, help me to understand if PANTONE COLORS are correct!

Xara displays colors in RGB and can only simulate Pantone spot colors.

For a more accurate display select Window > Show Printer Colors > Simulate Print Colors. This will give you a better idea how the colors will look.

That said, how are you planning to use these colors? For print or for web or for both?

If you plan to use the colors on the web, then I would use the color picker to sample the colors on the logo you linked to.

If you are planning to print a document with the two colors, you can export to PDF/X and the colors will appear in the PDF document.

Nother question. If you are planning to print this with a printing company, are you printing in CMYK and trying to match these colors or are you printing only these two colors?

Color, and spot color is never simple.

I must hand it to a company to print it. They ask me a logo into EPS format, so I believe that I must use that PANTONE colors that asked me.

I know that with colors have not very easy feeling

Speaking as a printer myself, I would say that the best person to speak to is the company who will be printing for you. If they have say a four colour machine (CMYK) then they will give you the CMYK equivilant for each pantone spot colour (this is usually about a 94=97% match if your printers are good, although orange pantones are notoriously difficult to print on a CMYK press. If they are just printing the pantone colours on say a 2 colour press then just select the pantone colours as your own design guide, because regardless of what it looks like on the monitor, they will print the pantone colours as they should be, I have a feeling that because they have asked for an EPS file they will probably print 2 colour, the vast majority of Commercial CMYK printers ask for PDF files. If it's a digital press then you can simply ask for a press proof, and you can supply the pantone colours in your pdf. We can get a pretty good match to spot colours on our Indigo press.

Apologies for the waffle, but like I said speak to the printers.

Kash

I agree with Kask because they have asked for .eps file it looks like a 2 spot colour ink print and after you have defined it the only way to view your file with any accuracy is to get a wet print. Taking the eps file into PS is usually the most accurate way to do it on screen but it is still hard too match better to have the swatches even if they are old and out of date also there are questions on how up to date are Xara in there licence are think it is 2006!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Why not create a PDF file Pete? PDF supports Pantone colors and is preferred by most printers.

No problems using PDF if there is no font problems, meaning if you are using a none system font then you will need to zip that up with your PDF so that it can be printed or turn your text to shapes which is not the case with .eps. However if there are special effects and transparencies then .eps is not the way to go. The point I was trying to make is that if you don't have swatches how can you see your design without a wet copy and if you were working in Xara and used the Pantone bridge then you would think the colours were a nice vibrant orange and a strong dark blue even with "simulate printers colours" on which is not the case here. I could go on about other problems using PDF and then taking into PS if you don't watch which colour mode your on and re-save the PDF you really wash out your colours.
    Design is thinking made visual.