Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about rounding corners on a website in Xara WD6.

Hello,

I have tried everything and I can't figure it out. I already have my website put together in Xara WD6, but it is not published yet (just in files on my desktop, not uploaded to an FTP server). I am just wondering how do you round the corners of your website like some of the pre-made templates have? If anyone can let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

If some people don't know what Xara WD6 means it is Xara Web Designer 6, but I am sure you all know what it means. I also hope I posted this question in the correct section.

Thanks if you can help,

Bubba Jones

Default Re: Question about rounding corners on a website in Xara WD6.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Bubba

If your page has a custom background color or texture, open the Page and Layers Gallery and unlock the layer (the red lock icon will turn gray when the layer is unlocked).

The page is now actually a rectangle which can be edited.

Select the page with the Rectangle Tool and double click on any of the end points to apply curved corners. You can drag any of the non-corner points to adjust the roundness.

When you are done, lock the layer again.

Once you have done this, you can make the page longer or wider by dragging the right or bottom edge with the Selector Tool (the arrow pointer).

If your page is just white, you can hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop a color from the screen palette onto the page. You can also Ctrl drag and drop a bitmap texture onto the page or the pasteboard area around the page.

I just wanna say - Bubba Jones , What a great name!!! I wonder if it's a real name, and if it is your parents should be congratulated.

Bye Bubba

Kash

Probably a name from our side of the pond, Kash.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Bubba

If your page has a custom background color or texture, open the Page and Layers Gallery and unlock the layer (the red lock icon will turn gray when the layer is unlocked).

The page is now actually a rectangle which can be edited.

Select the page with the Rectangle Tool and double click on any of the end points to apply curved corners. You can drag any of the non-corner points to adjust the roundness.

When you are done, lock the layer again.

Once you have done this, you can make the page longer or wider by dragging the right or bottom edge with the Selector Tool (the arrow pointer).

If your page is just white, you can hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop a color from the screen palette onto the page. You can also Ctrl drag and drop a bitmap texture onto the page or the pasteboard area around the page.
    I followed what you said and it worked, but it is rounding the entire object and not just the four corners of the website. How do I stop it from rounding the entire object?

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    I just wanna say - Bubba Jones , What a great name!!! I wonder if it's a real name, and if it is your parents should be congratulated.

Bye Bubba

Kash
    Lol, thank you, but Bubba Jones is not my real name. I use this name randomly on the Internet, but another name I use way more.

I am not sure then what you want. Do you want the page to have rounded corners? But do you want the page to have rounded corners but not all the same degree of roundness?

If the latter, then I would suggest this. Drag a background color onto the page. This will also be the background color for the area outside the page as well.

Create whatever configuration of rectangle or shape you want then make sure that it is no larger than the actual page.

Add your content over the rectangle.

The advantage to a page with equally rounded corners as I originally suggested, is you can stretch the page as needed. With a fixed rectangle (my second method) you will need to manually adjust the rectangle if you need to adjust the size of the page. And if your rectangle extends beyond the limit of the page, the content will be cut off at the edges of the page as another member recently discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I am not sure then what you want. Do you want the page to have rounded corners? But do you want the page to have rounded corners but not all the same degree of roundness?

If the latter, then I would suggest this. Drag a background color onto the page. This will also be the background color for the area outside the page as well.

Create whatever configuration of rectangle or shape you want then make sure that it is no larger than the actual page.

Add your content over the rectangle.

The advantage to a page with equally rounded corners as I originally suggested, is you can stretch the page as needed. With a fixed rectangle (my second method) you will need to manually adjust the rectangle if you need to adjust the size of the page. And if your rectangle extends beyond the limit of the page, the content will be cut off at the edges of the page as another member recently discovered.
    K, I understand what you're saying. I just can't seem to get it to work for some reason.

If you visit www.72uger.com that is what I mean by the rounded corners on a website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Jones View Post
    K, I understand what you're saying. I just can't seem to get it to work for some reason.

If you visit www.72uger.com that is what I mean by the rounded corners on a website.
    Nevermind, I figured it out.