Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Intolerance comes from ignorance.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Tolerance comes with understanding...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, if we understand the terrorists they will stop bombing us?

This logic makes no sense.

The implied suggestion is that the United States brought this upon itself, that we some how deserve this.

The United States did not deserve this.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Intolerance comes from ignorance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The United States has tolerated enough. We will not tolerate terrorists any more.

And now Insane Laden Dustbin gets his,and so does Suddenly insane of Iraq [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think these people/creatures have once and for all shown that they cannot be left as members of the human race.All tolerance and understanding aside these people have to go,it would be unrealistic to think they would ever change or learn from what they have done.As sad as it is to have to see fellow human beings killed I would rather these ones be removed now then they ever get the chance to fufill a repeat performance.I just hope the people of Afghanistan who are only guilty of being Afghanis can get out of the road in time,which is probably why Afghanistan has been warned first before being attacked,plus the psychological angle as well.

Stu.

Thank you Gary. And I have tried to say you a very big and glad HELLO in a post recently but had a big crash and was unable to continue!

Kindly yours

ivan

I won't explain anything to you as your reaction and reasoning is rather emotional than rational. I won't post anything anymore in this thread, I promise. And btw. I hope you will enjoy the upcoming bomb(astic) show live on CNN.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I won't explain anything to you as your reaction and reasoning is rather emotional than rational. I won't post anything anymore in this thread, I promise. And btw. I hope you will enjoy the upcoming bomb(astic) show live on CNN. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I may be a little emotional right now but I think my logic still makes more sense than the bumper sticker logic I keep reading. It is very insulting to say we would enjoy seeing the U.S. retaliate. And btw, I watch FoxNews. It is a real shame the rest of the world doesn't get Fox.

"I won't explain anything to you as your reaction and reasoning is rather emotional than rational. I won't post anything anymore in this thread, I promise. And btw. I hope you will enjoy the upcoming bomb(astic) show live on CNN. "

Dmagician, I fully support rgremill's position here that tolerance in and of itself is not necessarily a virtue. Certain things cannot be tolerated, otherwise that would be an even greater injustice.

I am not ashamed to admit that I'll enjoy watching our upcoming response to these terroristic actions, as should the rest of the free world. I don't relish the sight of seeing innocent people die, and I'm certain our military will act in such a way to minimize civilian casualties. We'll be doing all of you a favor by minimizing these people's capabilities to pull off another bombastic act in your country like we've had to endure. I'm not so sure you wouldn't feel the same way if it hadn't been your country that was attacked.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

It's interesting that the emotions expressed in this forum follow a predictable pattern seen in the wider world, especially (and understandably) the US. Disbelief leads to grief which turns to anger and a desire for revenge. Given that the terrorists took 18 months or more to plan the operation, does it not occur to anyone that they might have foreseen a retaliatory strike? My guess is that they're counting on it. The collateral damage could be much more than a few Afghani civilians.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't relish the sight of seeing innocent people die<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't relish the sight of seeing anyone die!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Justice will prevail. There will be more deaths both military and civilian. This is because there is a rabid beast loose and it must be exterminated. He will try to hide behind innocent women and children like the coward he is.

As to Peter not wanting to see any people die, I agree. However, although I have not killed anyone for over 30 years, I would pull the trigger on that black hearted waste of skin with a smile on my face.

Grievances of oppressed people do not have to be resolved by violence. The greatest freedom fight in history was waged by a skinny little Indian Lawyer name of Ghandi. He taught his followers they did not have to kill to win, they just had to be brave and justice would come at the hands of world opinion. That is what a free press can and will do.

But ours is not a grievence of oppressed people. This is war. It is a war that was declared against freedom, not just America. We did not start it! And OBL is not a patriot or revolutionary yearning for the freedom of his people. He is a fanatic of the worst stripe. Cut from the same cloth as Hitler,Stalin or Pol Pot.

We must not engage in a war against the Afgan people or any other nation. It is an organization which should be the target, just like organized crime. They got The Dons, they can get this savage.

Other than that I have no opinion.

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark