Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

I wish to add my sentiments to this discussion in this dark, dark time, yet I'm afraid I do not know how.

Despite numerous qualification in English Language I cannot find the words to describe the horror and shame that I feel about the tragedy that unfolded in the USA yesterday.

I can only say that I felt sick to the bottom of my stomach after witnessing the collapse of both of the World Trade Centre buildings, shortly after seeing TV shots of people hanging out of the windows.

It has made me think in a way I have never thought before, and I lie awake for hours at night contemplating the consequences and it makes me sad.

I know not whether there is an after-life or a god or whatever, but I sincerely hope that those innocent people that died that day will not suffer any more.

May their bodies and souls rest in peace, and may the families and friends of those involved find the strength to overcome the problems that they will face in mourning their losses.

A dark, dark day in our history.

Michael Ward
    http://LeighCenturions.net

The tragic events of yesterday have deeply saddened my heart. My condolences to the families and friends of all the victims. May everyone find the strength to help them cope with their feelings of loss and terror.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I feel deeply sorry. It is terrible terrorist acts. I very much regret
    what happened. I hope American people is very strong and overcome this
    disaster.

Vladimyr

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I am usually quite able to verbalize on events, but this terrible thing has left me totally speechless.

I am not a religious person, and I definitely do not buy into the popular theory that humans are evil by nature. However I do believe that evil exits. The people who coordinated this terrible atrocity were not insane, they are/were evil. They bought into the evil propaganda of their leaders who convinced them the cause was more important then their lives.

The people of our generation are continually bombarded by various sects with intent with inflicting guilt. The proverbial "Jewish Mother guilt syndrome " is no match for these insidious people. **Please note This trait unfortunately assigned to Jewish mothers is alive and well in every ethnic/ nationality in the world.
    The most insidious are those that condemn humans categorically for their mere existence. Oddly their intense feelings seem to exclude themselves. These groups have cause the cessation of countless jobs, with no regard to their victims. Now take that same mentality and add a religious/culture cause and you will have terrible loss of life no matter where you live on this earth if they are allowed to continue to exist..

I want to personally thank all those from the various countries on this forum who have expressed their outrage. It is very comforting to confirm what I always knew in my heart that their are honest descent people everywhere, who believe in freedom.

Judi

THE END NEVER JUSTIFIES THE CAUSE

I am very, very, sad, because I believe there are only two ways to stop terrorism: genocide and peace. As my ancestors were American Indians, I can state that genocide works quite well.

Watching a man in Pakistan (an avowed "enemy" of the US) on television, I was struck by what he said. He said: "Do you not understand? We are people too."

I was overcome by the emotion that in this terrible tragedy is a great opportunity for world peace. This puts me in the "naive" minority because I am fairly certain that my nation is about to embark on a path of warfare which will lead to sorrow even greater than what we feel now.

So, if you believe in the Great Spirit, sure, go ahead and pray. Maybe reread the Sermon On The Mount. Maybe reread the Koran. Pray a lot. Pray that the Creator will pierce the veil and take the anger and hatred from our hearts.

Pray for peace, ... Tad

Klaus.......keep your Atheism to yourself for a while.........you can proselytize some other time

God help us

I also would like to thank so many of you from around the world for your kinds words, thoughts and prayers directed to and for us living in the States. It certainly does help me put this
    tragedy in prospective.

I, like TraceyP, have visited this thread several times and cannot let it slide by without adding something to it.
    Athena : Your comment about freewill is very insiteful, I hope it has sparked some introspection.

With all due respect to Big Frank’s artistic skill and what I’m very sure was an effort to bring peace and a “proper” perspective to this thread he said, in part:

“I will not ask any god to help - it is religious division, fervour, fundamentalism and crass ignorance that is the cause of so much of the world's ills.” --More of this quote deleted--
    and then Big Frank also said:
    “Guys, let's not bring any religious statements into this forum - it incites views and discussions that have no place here.” ---More of this quote deleted as well----

I am troubled by the very broad sweeping and, in my view, profoundly wrong, statement that religion is the cause of so much of the worlds problems which is then followed by the statement saying not to bring any religious statements in this forum?

Well fair enough, inspite of my deeply held religious beliefs I also would like to list some non-religious information to try and balance this issue.

Starting with an old saying..., "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." When left to our own devices and authority we (humankind) seems to always turn to the dark side.

Some modern examples of non-religious outrages: Idi Amin in Uganda killed several hundred thousand of his own people, Pol Pot of Khmer Rouge fame killed 2 million of his own out of a total population for only 4 or 5 million, Hitler killed 11-12 million (6 million Jews) not to mention the several hundred million killed in WW II by his actions and my favorite atheist of all time Joseph Stalin. Stalin killed between 20-60 Million of his own people (depending upon your sources), never anything like this in history. All of this from Godless men, all of them!

If one does not make a pointed effort to learn about things religious and instead relies only on the popular press/media - a very distorted view will certainly follow. The press, at least in the US, is very anti-God and fills the news with distortions and outright lies.

This topic makes me wonder ...if there really is no God would there be any atheists?

Respectfully,
    Bob C.

Joel (Joroho)- With planes beginning to fly again today, I just wanted to send good thoughts and prayers to you and your fellow airline workers.

I know it's going to be tough for both employees and passengers.

Mickie

Thanks, Mickie. As you can imagine, things are quite gloomy around the office not only about the tragic events themselves, but for the future of the airline industry and employees. Midway Airlines has already folded, putting 1,700 people out of work, and I highly doubt that will be the last of the economic fallout.

Fortunately for me, I work in the department that determines exactly how profitable (or unprofitable) each of our flights are, so we're probably the last group in the company that may be impacted by layoffs. Some of my co-workers will not be so fortunate.

I feel compelled to add one thing regarding the religous nature of this thread, since I started it. To put it bluntly and simplisticly, organized religion does kill, as we saw on Tuesday and many other countless times. However, Jesus Christ saves. I recognize the right of Klaus and others to choose not to believe in God, however there is also such a thing as good taste. I refuse to pat Klaus on the back and say, "Good ol' Klaus. He just likes to say it as he sees it." There is a time such as this for non-believers to recognize the rights of those of us who do believe. Sadly, their expressions of atheism in this thread only reflect their lack of sensitivity and respect for others.

Grace and peace to all.

Joel Horn
    Wise men still seek Him.

I am agnostic, I do not know whether to beleive or not. At times like this I hope that there is salvation for those that died so needlessley, and that there will be retribution for those that killed.

However, I still find it hard to beleive that a God such as the christian image, would allow this to happen.

I have no answers, as does no-one. I simply have to beleive in the inherent goodness of the majority of the poeple on this planet, and that it is this that will allow us to get through this dark period, and will allow us to get through any future troubles.

I have only one last thing to say; bringing death to more innocent people is not the answer. Lets not be hasty with our retaliation.

Michael Ward
    http://LeighCenturions.net