Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

only rotten humans.

If America needs two hands to help nail those bastards who initiated the assault, count me in.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

This day my personal, petty problems have dwindled into total insignificance as this surreal nightmare unfolds. I know these bastards will not break the American peoples spirit though.
    My thoughts, for what it's worth are with the totally innocent victims of this atrocity,

nothing else really matters.

Eric

Klaus, whatever you may believe, I would ask that you not put down one's belief. I for one DO believe God can and WILL help us through this crisis, he is my savior, my shelter and my God and I will always trust in him to guide me through bad times.

I will say what I said before...

Thinking and watching about this simply makes me sick and sends chills down my spine, it has me and I'm sure the rest of the world completely stunned and scared. I was in school while this happened and watched the live footage from our room. Everyone was very confused and had no idea what was going on.
    I was seriously thinking the time had come and God was going to sweep us up to heaven for the time had arrived, and it may yet happen soon, who knows!

I'm not very proud of this, but I hope those responsible for this TERRIBLE act pays with their life, they deserve it.

But all thoughts of revenge and hatred aside, let us all just join together as a community, and a family and pray for those who were there, families of those, America, and the rest of the world. If there's nothing more we need at a time like this, it's unnity: there's nothing better than the support of friends and even those you don't know. I pray to God to help us through this time of trouble, and to make those responsible pay.

Amen

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Keep praying and believing, Steve, and see what good it will do any of us. But in reality, the only thing that can help in this horrible matter - aside from tending to the victims - is for the US Government to find out who's responsible, and then hit them swiftly and lethally with all the force the US military can muster.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I still can't believe this happened! I hope Gary is making out OK in Boston. I went to Bruce Stawicki's map and it looks like Allison Moore lives in New York. Since Baltimore is fairly close to DC and I work for a public utility that has a Nuke Plant, things are pretty crazy.

Hey Allison you doing ok????????

Just remember people who pray, will pray...people who don't - won't. Lets not start a religious battle (this is the root of the problem we are discussing), and if you are here in the states....

Give Blood!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

Thanks a lot Klaus, I'm glad I've got your permission, I'll keep it up, it sure has kept me goin all my life and I will definentally not stop now. But please Klaus, be a little more open minded! What you said is in very poor taste, and I won't be offended because that's what you believe, but I refuse to critisize you for that reason.

And David, I'm currently trying to get ahold of the blood-drive 'group' but the lines been busy for hours. I'm not sure if people under 18 are aloud giving blood!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

and prayers are with all those affected by this, the repercussions will be felt for a very long time.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

So many lives, so much damage! today my heart bleeds. My prayers for all who have suffered and who are helping out.

Gary and Allison are still unaccounted for?

I hope it's because everyone is using phone lines for important stuff like organizing logistics of searching for and rescuing survivors. And organizing the medical teams and clean up crews.

. . . .

Steve,

It's not a matter of Klaus being open or closed minded. The beautiful thing about respect is that it can apply to even those people who think differently from you. Reasonable people can disagree.

Klaus is simply being pragmatic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] You know Klaus has never minced words before. No point in him starting now. Maybe Klaus could have said things more delicately but that wouldn't be his style.

"There is no monopoly of common sense on either side of the political fence" -- Sting

The truth is vast. No one person should be so conceited as to think that they have a grasp of it all.

Be safe, y'all.

Athena

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on September 11, 2001 at 21:30.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.