Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

I Lived in Florida for 8 years , studied and graduated. I lived with American and they treated me as a family, i ought to share the deep sorrow and sympathy,condolences with all Americans
    I really don't know what to say [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] to the limit, and who ever is resposible should be brought to justice as soon as possible for the seek of the victims families
    Amen, and may God be with all of you

I'd like to add my condolences to anybody who has friends or relatives caught up in yesterday's events.</p>
    <hr>

As a moderator's aside, please avoid commenting about other people's religious beliefs. This is never an appropriate place for such a discussion and given the likely cause of what happened, it's a particularly bad idea today.</p>
    Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

I have this message from the Corel Ventura 8 newsgroup posted by Allan Shearer & Bob van Durren on Tuesday 11th September at 14:54, it specifically mentions Allison Moore is safe as is everyone already at Corel World (though no specific mention of Gary, but according to the Corel World agenda he was due to give a talk on Tuesday so I am sure he is safe as well.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hi Everyone

Of course, all of us here at CorelWorld are OK ... however, due to the fact
    that the departing airport was Boston, Logan ... that's w-a-y too close to
    home and has introduced a very uncomfortable, scarey feeling. Many are
    shaken up, but we're all comforting one another --- it's nice to be in the
    midst of friends during such a terrible tragedy.

Allison Moore is from NYC, and she's already here ... safely. VERY nice to
    see her and meet her for the first time.

In fact, being on the East coast this year we're seeing a number of new
    faces, but old names! ... that is, familiar names from the newsgroup (and
    mailing list --- had to get that in there, since I'm typing this on Bob's
    computer <g>), and now finally being able to put a face to the name --
    including Stilman Davis from 'cross the pond; Welcome Stilman! :-)

Anyhow, I'm sure there will be a delay for some of the Ventura folks
    arriving for the second half of the conference.

Thanks very much for inquiring. We'll keep you all posted on any news,
    etc.... during the remainder of CorelWorld.

Allan Shearer and Bob van Duuren
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to add that I am totally shocked, My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

I too sat and watched this thing unfolding in front of my eyes - I am shocked, saddened, dumbfounded, there aren't enough words to describe what I felt as I watched those events.

I will not ask any god to help - it is religious division, fervour, fundamentalism and crass ignorance that is the cause of so much of the world's ills. The people that probably did this will doubtless have felt they would be welcomed by their god as heroes for what they they have done. In parts of the world murder and outrage are preached as legitimate actions in the name of religion. Almost all religions are guilty of incitement to violence.

Nothing can forgive the despicable actions we witnessed yesterday - whoever perpetrated it.

Guys, let's not bring any religious statements into this forum - it incites views and discussions that have no place here. Let's simply remember that yesterday was a day that proves on a grand scale that the inhumanity of man towards his fellow man knows no bounds. Only a firm belief in tolerance and freedom coupled with justice and responsibility can help all of us deal with it in our own way.

My thoughts are with the victims and the berieved - may they all receive the justice they now deserve.

Frank
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Nothing justifies such an act. Each killed people in this world, victim of violence is for shure one of God's tears. May God inspire G.W.Bush and America in the way they going to handle this situation. Replying with violence want be the solution. Sad day for humanity. My deepest fellings for all who have been killed in such a stupid act.
    emel

.......without expressing my horror of the events of yesterday. This is the third time I've visited this thread and initially, like many others who have visited the thread, I felt most others had said what I would have said anyway.

Nevertheless, I felt I had to return to give my condolences to those who have lost family and friends in the dreadful events of yesterday and to the American people in general. I cannot condemn those responsible strongly enough. I'm not in the States but the UK and we've had to contend with terrorism for many, many years - but NEVER have we had to cope with something like this - and I pray God we never shall.

I'm still sorting out my own thoughts on this but of one thing I am sure - in spite of what certain others in this thread may have said, God is a very strong powerful on this earth and he will see the American nation through this crisis.

Every morning our local radio station has a 1 hour "time to talk" slot where the public can phone in with comments about all sorts of things. This morning it was extended by 20 minutes as so many people wanted to have their say and everyone has nothing but contempt for the cowards who perpetrated this cowardly act and support for the American people.

God be with you all in America.

Tracey

[This message was edited by TraceyP on September 12, 2001 at 03:35.]

Athena: "Klaus is simply being pragmatic."

Hardly!

But because of the horror of this situation, I will not say anymore on this topic.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Everyone with any compassion can only be sadened and sickened by yesterdays events.
    I would just wish to add my sympathies to all those people in the US and all the other many nationalities caught up in this horrific event.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Amen, Steve. You said it very well.

Those who do not believe freely WILL believe...too late. All their mouths will be stopped and God justified.

The Xara community is a very multi-national one and I think the sentiments expressed here show that every decent person is sharing the same sadness today, totally regardless of nationality and religion (or lack of religion).

I add my sympathy and I wish everyone courage and strength in the coming days, months and years as we come to terms with what has happened and anything that follows from it.

Kate

Kate Moir
    http://www.xara.com
    http://www.buyfonts.com
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]