Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

I know this is off topic for this forum, but as an employee of a major US airline, Continental Airlines, I do ask you all to pray for the families victimized by the tragic World Trade Center attack.

May God help us all.

Joel Horn
    aka .joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

I know this is off topic for this forum, but as an employee of a major US airline, Continental Airlines, I do ask you all to pray for the families victimized by the tragic World Trade Center attack.

May God help us all.

Joel Horn
    aka .joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Joroho,

I was wondering about how to treat this topic as well. Thank you for giving it a voice.

Yes a moment to pause and pray is very appropriate. It is a sorrowful thing to witness the perversion of freewill. We know freewill can be used to do so many fantastic things. The flip side is that freewill can also be used to do horrific things.

Peter Jennings is calling this a gross failure of Intelligence (as in the intelligence community failed). I would say, that this is just a failure of someone's use of freewill. THis could not have been prevented without some horrific intrusions into privacy.
    And privacy and safety should not be pitted against each other lest we start encouraging police state mentality.

I am also impressed with your very simple statement, "May God help us all".

Yes. I'm sure God will.

Once again, thank you for giving this a voice.

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.

Austrian News is reporting full time since more than three hours and I am watching ever since.

I can't express my teariness, I am sick - literally - even though I am so far away.

Let's all hope, that - bad as it is - this was it and no more assaults will occur.

I also sincerely hope that Gary is OK, as he was in Boston for the conference.

I am not a very religious person, but I can't say it any better than joroho: "May god bless us all".

This is a black day for all of us, not only the USA.

A shocked
    Wolfgang

God will never help anyone. We must help ourselves. I have lived in New York and have many friends in there, so this is a great shock.

I am now flying my US flag at half, and encourage others do do the same.

Klaus
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

if you live close is give blood.

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Our hearts go out to the victims of this terrible tragedy. How others can use human lives to further their causes, I will never understand.

My condolences and prayers go to everyone
    involved. I will never understand the mentality
    of such people.

Brian & family.

till someone will prove me that Human is something different from an animal. I desperately run after what is conscience. One live in a world where the hormonally guided ideas of domination and punishing are shared by all peoples at different levels and in different matters. One might think to share some more interesting things like respect of differences and diversity.

And I am so sad with you all for all those people.

ivan