Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to animate?

Default How to animate?

I cannot find any animation tutorial. I have 4 photos on the index-site of web.comhem.se/halvklar. I want to make them show one by one, softly appearing and disappearing. Maybe make them klickable one by on, but it is not so important. How can I do this?

Default Re: How to animate?

Hi Hymer,

You probably need this Flash rotating links thing:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...Rotating-Links

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

No, I need not that advanced rotating. I need only images appear and disappaer one by one slowly, whithout any mouse-activity. I suppose, this is possible to do with version 5.

I think this is what you are looking for. http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_2.htm

If this is too complicated, just name each photo using the yellow Name tag icon. Copy the photo to a new frame and set the transparency to about 98%. If you make the image 100%transparent, you will not be able to select it.

Place the next named image on top of the 98% transparent image. Copy the frame. Remove the first image and set the transparency for the remaining image to 0%.

Add the next image and set the transparency to 98%.

You just keep repeating this step to make one image softly fade out while the next image softly fades in.

Adjust the length of time for each frame. 2-3 seconds should work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash-anim.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	76560  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 06 September 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Thank you! I could follow your instuctions untill:
    "Place the next named image on top of the 98% transparent image." I have only the frame and I see the other photos only if I delete the frame. Every photo have a number and they are waiting patiently backstage.
    EDITED. My next problem is copy frame to a new frame. Yes, I find the Copy, both as a tool and as a button in animation gallaery. But I don't know kan I paste it in the next frame.
    Last edited by Hymer; 06 September 2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: ONE MORE QUESTION

The example I gave you is the right idea. I am not sure if I have it exactly correct. (My brain is not 100% today ) But basically one photo fades up, is non-transparent, then fades out as another photo fades in. Try this with two photos and then if this works, add another photo, etc.

To copy a frame and its contents, press the Copy Frame icon (see attachment).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy-frame.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	76561  

Yes, that is exactly the right idea and I could find the copy button. But I cannot find the Paste button. When I copy, nothing happens. And I cannot see the other numbered fotografies. When I have a frame, they are simply not there. How can I put it in the frame if they are not there?

Now at last I understand how it works. It must be 3 pictures in every frame and this table shows how I did it. The number in the left and right column are transparent, the middle is opaque.
    • 2 1 4
    • 3 2 1
    • 4 3 2
    • 1 4 3
    • 2 1 4

Thank you for the help to start, now it will be easy to apply anything directly from the fantasy.
    Last edited by Hymer; 06 September 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Excellent. I am so glad you figured it out.

Copy Frame is probably not the correct words. Copy Frame actually duplicates the frame and its contents. It does not copy the frame to the clipboard, and so you cannot paste the contents into a new frame.

You can, select objects and copy them to the clipboard, create a New Frame (which is blank) and then Edit > Paste in Place to paste the copied objects to the new frame.

Default Re: How to animate in 6.0?

I forgot how I did it. Now I have 6.0.0.1. and I am stucked. I want to make a flash header, I have the right size of the animation, I made a recatnagle and I made 5 frames. I named the pictures 1, 2, 3. I pulled nr 3 in the first frame, made it transparent. I know I have to pull nr 1 there in the same frame, it will be opaque, and then nr2 transparent. But I don't remember I did it or maybe it is not the same in this version. I need help with this.