Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DP6 - popup images placement and outline

Okay, I have some images - not gallery, just page images that i have loaded on the page and resized to a smaller size, with the option to pop up on double click. Works fine aside from two problems, that I hope you can help me with.

1 - It pops up off to the side - not too far, but part of the image is actually outside the designed page width of the site. I would like to make it pop up centered, but am unable to find any place to put that info.

2 - Is there any way to get rid of the white outline around the pop-up image? I have set it to show no title or explanation, thinking that would remove the need for the white outline, but it still comes with the white surround, and it rather spoils the image, which itself has a frame around it. It's not intended to look like a photo, but raher like a painting.

I'm a bit concerned about that last part, because when I am ready to do the gallery, I really don't want an outline on the images, because they are not photographs, but artwork. I do already have a working gallery, and if need be, I can simply link to it, but I'd rather have my main site gallery fit to the theme. I really have looked for some way to change the white border, but nothing seems to be findable - so if there is a solution, I would appreciate guidance.

TIA,
    Judee

Default Re: DP6 - popup images placement and outline

Judee

Add this script to a placeholder <script type="text/javascript">hs.align = "center";</script>

Not sure about the white outline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pop-up.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	77288  

Thank you gw. To the rescue as usual. I will give this a try and get back to you.

I noticed the forum popup had a black outline - even that would be preferable to the white, or changing the color to match the site, is there a way to change color on that in Design Pro?

The pop ups are generated by Hi Slide. They have an editor which may help with the outline. I have not tried it but I know some things you can do and some you cannot. Steve Ledger created a fun mini tutorial for adding scrolling text to the pop ups which will give you an idea of some of the things you can accomplish with a bit of script.