Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Cant get FLASH component to appear on 2nd visit to a popup layer!!

Hi all...I've been a long time reader of this forum and found it fantastic...but cant find an answer to this nasty little problem...which is most likely of my own making!!

In short, I have a place holder that links to a flash component. It can be seem in this (not yet finished) demo made with XWD6:

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dps...demo/index.htm

Click on the "FUELS" image...up comes a popup layer...short delay and flash fades in.

Close the popup (with the red box icon on the top right of the Fuels window)

Open this popup again from the main screen and the flash never appears????

Any help or link to another post with a solution will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Cheers
    Steve

Default Re: Cant get FLASH component to appear on 2nd visit to a popup layer!!

Hi Steve I think this has come up before and it's an IE issue [the Flash works OK here in Firefox] but could you post your .web file for people to check please?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi John - yes I vaguely remember reading a thread on this some time ago...but cannot find it anywhere!!! Attached is the .webfile

Many thanks for offering to take a look!!

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't check .swf of course [too early in the a.m. for me!] but nothing covering placeholder for instance. Tested your Flash successfully in FF, Chrome and Opera ... only in IE8 [here] does it fail. Perhaps someone with IE9 can test ??
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

ooops!! Have attached the animation file as well...thanks for your help so far John!!

I think I'll just go back to my original design where I move to a new page rather than a popup...I had moved away form this to the popup option as it makes for a smoother (no page load) transition...but cant have it so content can only be read once!!

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Works fine in FF, Chrome and Opera here too. Not in IE though, unless you right-click and choose play.