Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 2nd installation of XDP6

AFAIR one used to be allowed to install Xara on another computer, provided one did not use both at the same time. Has that changed?

I have XDP6 installed on my desktop, and registered. I tried installing XDP6 on a laptop today, as I will be away from home for a fortnight, but it kept saying that the registration key was invalid when I submitted it. A tick mark appeared to the right of the registration key input box when I'd typed it in, so I was expecting all to be okay, but I can't get it properly registered online. Oh -- and I did check my entry, very carefully, three times! I think the tick box means that I did get the number right? So presumably the "invalid" message has something to do with my copy already being registered to me? I used the same email address as in my original registration.

Grateful for any help or advice.

(Mods, if this post is in the wrong place, please relocate it.)

Anton
    Anton

Default Re: 2nd installation of XDP6

Is the laptop connected to Internet? Maybe that is required.
    JimM

Yes, it is, and the connection is functioning correctly.
    Anton

Anton

Is the program functioning OK otherwise?

Maybe you are correct that Xara's servers are seeing the registration number as existing and assuming it is a mistake.

But if the program is working OK, then maybe it is a non-problem.

Gary, it's working correctly (the bits that I've tried), but each time it starts up, it says it ain't registered and would I like to do the honours now or later. I have an idea it's going to behave as a trial version and bomb out after a month.

I hear what you say about a non-problem but, if we are allowed to install (and therefore presumably regsiter) on more than one computer at a time, then this is unexpected behaviour, symptomatic of an error somewhere, which I would have thought wants fixing?
    Anton

In the german version in the Eula You can read its only allowed to install Xara on a single Computersystem.

http://www.magix.com/de/eula/

I didnt know this before i had to face the same problems... Dont You klick the Installation-Eula confirmations also away at any prog. Install proc.?

I am teacher now and Magix made an education offer.. I have to think about it..

German Diskussion on Magix-board:
    http://support.magix.net/boards/magi...howtopic=54735