Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile making glass and metal with photoshop layer styles

Just wanted to share a few of my Photoshop layer styles, but for some reason images don't work in this forum (I was able to post pictures ok in the photography subforum, so I'm not sure why?)

Anyway, I've created a few different ones. Here's my two favorites:

GlassWorks: Glass Layer Styles
    MetalWorks: Metal Layer Styles

The metal styles are created with textures from my personal photograph collection. My goal was to create the most realistic metal styles possible, given the limitations of Photoshop's layer style system. I think they turned out pretty well.

I also created some Fire text effects you might like, they're free to download. Let me know what you think
    IP

Default Re: making glass and metal with photoshop layer styles

This forum is not to be used to assistant your business but to help other at no cost to them.
    READ THE RULES
    IP

it would be a good gesture to show the members how you did the text effects on your site. if you can't do that then don't advertise here. you could easily get banned for spamming.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

My apologies if this came across as spam, I just wanted to share, and maybe get some feedback.

If you're interested in learning by example, you could download those fire effects I posted (they're free), and play around with the settings. If you need help installing or using them, I wrote this tutorial.

Also, I really recommend Eserrano's tutorial, it was really helpful in understanding some of the more advanced layer style settings:

http://eserrano.com/tutorial/photoshop-web-styles.htm
    IP