Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Slideshow with discrepant thumbnails?

Is it possible to make a slideshow there the thumbnails are not the same as the big image? E.g. I want have buttons with different years in the thumbnails. There are different year on every button and only 1 photo from that year. The slideshow will begin always with the photo belonging to that year. How can I do this?

Default Re: Slideshow with discrepant thumbnails?

Hi,
    It is possible to do using 'Pop-up' layers, have the thumbnail image open the Popup layer that you want to display. The Highside slideshwo use the original image, but creating you own poopups you can display whatever image you wish.
    JimM

Default Re: Slideshow with discrepant thumbnails?

Thank you, but your answer is no, it is not possible. Pop-up is nice and easy to make in XWD but now I want that the visitor will click a button and open a little album or slideshow. I want to show big images so that is better if the visitor can open and close the slide-show. It is irritating with big pop-ups, they pop up even if yuo don't want. Another possibility is link to the image, but is there any link back?

Lightbulb Re: Slideshow with discrepant thumbnails?

I found it! There are some controlled pop-ups in XWD! I found in the Design gallery, Alpha theme the Photo popup. It generates an album there the visitor may click for every picture. Maybe popup is a misleading name for this, because I want to avoid popup this time. It is not pop-up, is it?
    My idea is to make the thumbnail to a button:
    1. create a little button-shape or button-text in the corner of the original photo,
    2. edit the thumbnail background, scale it up and move it that the button fills the thumbnail.
    3. clip away the rest of the photo in the thumbnail, it shows the whole photo anyway!

There is a discrepancy what I whished! I have only a little part of the photo in the thumbnail and I get whole the photo in the mainframe.

EDITED: It is not necessary for me, but it is possible to take away the button-shape from the big photo.
    The first step, when you make the "button" in the image editor: resize the canvas to make more place for the button. You make the button on this extra place. You drop whole this picture in in the thumbnail. Clip away whole the picture except the button in the thumbnail and then edit the main frame, clip away the extra canvas with the button-shape there.
    Last edited by Hymer; 22 October 2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: More idea!