Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

There is a checkbox when exporting images that says "copy html code to clipboard" - I've checked it numerous times - it never works for me...does it work for you??
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

There is a checkbox when exporting images that says "copy html code to clipboard" - I've checked it numerous times - it never works for me...does it work for you??
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

How are you using this feature and to what are you attempting to paste the copy?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

When building webpages, I usually use my html editor to select images. However, sometimes... when I'm doing a quick fix in notepad I wish there was a way to create a graphic in Xara...and get the code with the height/width in it for my notepad fix.

Seems like Xara has it covered...when exporting an image I click on the "Bitmap Size" tab and check the box beside "Put HTML Image Tag on Clipboard" - sounds pretty simple...now I should be able to paste this code anywhere...I've tried this about 10 times over the last year or so ( 3 different machines ) and it NEVER has worked... I've tried pasting it into notepad / homesite / msWord / it's nowhere to be seen????

Does it only post someplace I'm not looking?? In some specific program???

thanks for any insight...
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com

Robert,

I think you've found one of Xara's annoying GIF export bugs.

See these two old threads:
    http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...88&m=529192468

and

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...1&r=9161907151

Neither was resolved. Xara X is pretty poor at exporting compact animated GIFs too. The earlier versions of Xara X were better at smaller filesizes than the current release - but no version of XX can get close to CorelXara 2 in terms of filesize.

I keep CX2 installed and quite often convert a XX file to editable shapes so it'll load into CX2, and then export from there. Otherwise, it's good to import XX's GIFs into Fireworks and re-export them for smaller files.

I've contacted Xara about these bugs by email in the past with no response. I also tried by telephone (+44 1442 350000) but the support people seem very defensive and/or arrogant over the situation, taking a "that's how it is" type stance unfortunately.